At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are brave in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Global Product Strategy (GPS) drives Roche’s strategy and portfolio of products - from research through to patients. As a member of GPS, you will be part of a truly international group who collaborates with functions and affiliates worldwide to shape the future of medicine.
In Access Strategy, we act as a team of creative and visionary leaders to provide strategic and tactical inputs into franchises and we're looking for an Access Strategy Leader to support our Basel-based team.
Your key responsibilities include:
- You will shape long-range goals of the organization by developing, leading and delivering projects and assuring relevance of activities for Roche and the global access strategy
- You lead and drive insights and alignment across the access community, to connect Access Center of Excellence, Health System strategy and affiliate access stakeholders
- Depending on the project, assuming accountability for managing other team members from access strategy areas, Centers of Excellence or from outside of Global Access
- You will identify needs for new projects across franchises to ensure that Roche and healthcare systems deliver rapid, broad and sustainable access
- You will be representing projects within the iSquad, LCT and other key cross-functional groups, share franchise insights/learnings within the ASL and access community
- You will manage resource pools and expense budgets and oversee external consultant/ vendor deliverables
Additionally, you will be:
- Leading and delivering key projects within and across franchises, developing opportunities for new projects and managing cross-functional teams within the Global Access matrix organization and beyond
- Providing overall strategic guidance to the integrated strategy of the iSquad and ensuring strong alignment with Access strategy
- Being the SPOC for all project related topics to the franchise/brand and establishing cross-functional relationships while working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing thought leadership based on project experiences, including innovative access approaches, integrating divergent views, and communicating aligned positions
- Identifying key market and internal trends; interpreting and applying insights to identify, define, develop, establish and deliver opportunities for new projects within the access community
- Driving good decision-making with significant impact (i.e. financial) by establishing context, identifying relevant stakeholders, and weighing available fact bases and existing information gaps
- Providing input to assess project priorities and ensuring that team members provide timely/ relevant input for evaluation of licensing, P&R authorities’ submissions or other external opportunities
- Where applicable, sharing best practices and developing capabilities across project team members
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re searching for a challenge where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. To be successful we believe you will need several years’ access experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry with additional experience in access-related functions, consulting/project work in medical devices/ diagnostics sector, and ophthalmology disease area preferred.
- Track record of managing and delivering multiple projects in project-based matrix-organization and breaking down high-level strategic questions to deliver innovative and creative solutions.
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams and partnering with internal and external stakeholders strongly preferred.
- Experience of working with both developed and emerging markets (ideally affiliate experience) strongly preferred.
What else should you have in your toolbox?
- Documented people leadership skills including functionally diverse matrix teams; seen as living Roche’s Leadership Commitments andCore Competencies
- Able to leverage established knowledge and analytical skills to guide project team members through problems of varying complexity/scope
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills and abilities to tailor complex content to audience needs
- Deep understanding of a broad set of access topics and understanding on how they relate and support the integrated brand strategy
- Demonstrable project management experience being able to articulate a clear scope and objectives while clarifying constraints, resource requirements, and potential risks associated with specific projects.
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.