Roche Sequencing Solutions (Santa Clara) is looking for a motivated and team-oriented individual who is passionate about revolutionary sequencing technology. You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Design, perform & analyze single molecule experiments utilizing Roche’s nanopore sequencing platform that affect accuracy and read length.
- Perform deep-dive analysis of experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods and present findings at internal meetings.
- Collaborate closely with chemistry and molecular biology groups to evaluate potential candidates that may impact sequencing performance
- Make and implement recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures.
- Perform all work using best laboratory practices and maintain a well-organized and concise record of work performed and progress made.
- B.S with 2+ years of work experience, or M.S. with 0+ years of experience in Biophysics, Biochemistry, or related fields.
- Must have scientific programming experience such as Python. Ability to perform statistical analyses on datasets (ie: T-test, ANOVA, Tukey’s HSD, etc.) that lead to actionable scientific hypotheses and conclusions.
- Experience working with single molecule technologies is a strong plus.
- Ability to work well in teams and across disciplines with complex systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The candidate should be passionate and self-motivated with a strong desire to acquire on-the-job training