Our vision is to create novel and highly differentiated medicines. To this end, we discover and develop novel therapeutic antibodies and next generation biologics, such as bispecific antibodies or fusion proteins. Our ambition is to deliver such novel molecules to patients with game changing clinical benefit.
Your job in a nutshell:
As a member of our Large Molecule Research unit at the Roche Innovation Center Munich, you will support scientists with informatics solutions. You will develop software for automated systems and workflow-support (e.g. LIMS systems and electronic notebooks) in close collaboration with Research and Early Development Informatics (pREDi).
Your team in a nutshell:
You will find yourself in a matrix position in a fast-paced environment and rapidly changing RnD organization. In this environment you are part of a team that develops automated and digital solutions for the analytical workflows of next generation therapeutics including bispecific antibodies.
The main tasks of this position:
- You will represent users in scientific IT projects and its contributions to project teams in a matrix environment
- In this context, the self-employed processing of difficult and complex problems and the independent development of problem solutions will be your main challenges
- You will support the integration of robotic (liquid handling) systems and analytical instrumentation to the existing IT landscape
- Furthermore, the job includes the analysis of scientific workflows and processes in our biochemistry department
- You will explore innovative ways of automating complex laboratory experiments
- It is up to you to establish and maintain effective partnerships with scientists, internal IT specialists and software and laboratory equipment companies
- Furthermore, we ask you to collect methodically user requirements with scientists, establish new systems and improve existing systems
- You will lead a team in a matrix setting and manage and support maintenance activities of existing applications
This is also very important for us:
Team player: You are passionate about building strong teams. In your teams, everyone shares the success while setbacks are an opportunity to learn and start something new.
Change: You thrive on situations involving uncertainty and help others see the opportunity of change
Being courageous: You tackle difficult issues with confidence and you hold things together during tough times
Organizational awareness: You see the big picture and have a clear understanding of other group’s business needs
Infinite learning: You enjoy the challenges of unfamiliar tasks and seek novel approaches to solve problems
Presentation skills: You know how to present in a clear and convincing way before big audiences and management boards.
And the technical requirements for this position?
- You have a university education or equivalent background (at least M.Sc.) in bioinformatics, informatics with an affinity for life sciences or natural sciences with an IT specialization
- You are experienced in translating user requirements into system specifications and in analyzing and modeling of scientific business processes (workflows)
- Having gained practical knowledge in LIMS frameworks and/or electronic laboratory notebooks in a scientific environment is a plus
- Experience with robotic and automated liquid handling systems as well as basic knowledge of biology is an advantage
- Good data analysis and visualization skills are a must as well as a systematic approach to problem solving
- You are self-motivated and able to familiarize yourself quickly with new applications and software systems
- You have excellent communication skills and you are interested to work in a team as well as in an international environment
- Very good English skills, written and spoken complete your profile
We look forward receiving your application!
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV. A motivation letter is also not needed.