Global Procurement (GP) is a key function that delivers value to Roche by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of Roche’s third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, GP helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
As the Senior Category Manager Professional Services, you are responsible for developing the Category Strategies for Management Consulting, Financial Services and related categories, and executing a pipeline of high value strategic initiatives on a global basis. Based on your deep subject matter expertise in the area of Consulting Services procurement, you are proactively identifying opportunities, engaging, and partnering with senior Business stakeholders and regional Procurement, and managing the Category suppliers to deliver the overall Category performance and savings targets.
Thanks to your strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills, you ensure stakeholder alignment and support to deliver exceptional value through the implementation of Category Strategies and initiatives. You further establish effective working relationships with local and regional procurement to ensure alignment and the full realization of the benefits of the Category Strategy.
- Accountable for the creation and application of a Business-aligned long-term Category Strategy and the development of an annual pipeline of strategic category initiatives.
- Providing input to the development of the Human Capital category guides to translate the Category Strategy and Annual Plan into clear, practical guidance for key Procurement and functional colleagues
- Understanding business priorities and challenges and ensuring successful realization of the Category Strategy by building strong partnerships across geographically dispersed stakeholders and engaging with local and regional Procurement.
- Ensuring a robust approach to supplier management, establishing value creation targets and reporting of supplier performance, developing innovation programs, managing supplier risks and conducting regular business reviews.
- University degree, with business or life sciences degree preferable.
- 7+ years of in-depth strategic and/or operational procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management and advanced strategic sourcing, with subject matter expertise in Management Consulting, Financial Services and other services procurement categories.
- Excellent communication and project management skills with an ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional teams and deliver complex strategic initiatives, in a truly global, fluid, interactive environment.
- Proven financial and business acumen and capability in negotiation, change management and stakeholder management.
- Business level fluency in English.
This position is based in South San Francisco, CA and Basel Switzerland and is not eligible for relocation.