At Roche, we are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same aspirations for themselves.
We are offering an Internship to connect your scientific knowledge with practical experience in a renowned company.
The Regional Costumer Support Center (RCSC) is responsible for assisting customers with various technical and application topics related to our in-vitro diagnostics, molecular and tissue diagnostics systems. From our offices in the Burgess Hill, West Sussex we serve customers from seven countries: UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and South Africa. As an Intern you will be part of an international, highly qualified support team at the interface between technology, science and business administration.
- Besides learning how the service of Roche is structured, you will get to know the different service departments and the Roche product portfolio. In addition, you will gain experience of our customers’ needs and see how the laboratories and clinics work in practice.
- Through supporting our technical and applications specialists in their daily work, you will become acquainted with the operation and maintenance of our laboratory systems.
- In addition to supporting in solving technical problems, you will undertake internal projects including process optimization.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development, seeking an organisation with which you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
Do you meet the following requirements?
- You are enrolled as a biomedical scientist or engineering student at a University or Technical College.
- Alongside your fluent English proficiency, you will ideally speak one of the following additional languages: Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish or Danish.
- Technical services, sales support, medical analysis systems and quality assurance are topics that inspire you.
- You are fascinated by technical problems and enjoy presenting solutions.
- Being a competent contact partner for customers and colleagues is something you truly enjoy.
- Your profile is complemented by your team-minded, communicative and motivated personality.
In return, you will have the opportunity to learn from experts in their field, create connections and develop your career within an inspiring and challenging environment.
Investing in you
Roche is a company that not only invests in its business – over £6.5 billion in R&D worldwide, including £460 million in the UK alone last year – but equally importantly in its people.
Roche has gained 2019 Top Employer status in the UK and Europe.
Application closing date: 13th December 2019
Provisional Assessment Centre date: Early 2020
Job ID: 201910-130497
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter to your online application. In addition, we kindly request that you provide a concise answer to the following list of screening questions; please insert your responses within the body of your cover letter. Your overall covering letter should not exceed 2 pages.
Question 1: What was your decision making process in selecting your current course/degree discipline?
Question 2: Why are you interested in a 12-month student placement at Roche?
Question 3: What skills and experiences do you feel have prepared you for this placement at Roche?
Question 4: What personal qualities will you bring to this placement?
Question 5: What are your main objectives for this placement?
Question 6: What skills or abilities do you hope to develop throughout this placement programme?
Question 7: Tell me about the interests and activities you undertake when you are not working or studying?