At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Roche/Genentech is seeking a Clinical Scientist with meaningful drug development and clinical trials experience to contribute to the clinical development of gantenerumab, an anti-beta-amyloid monoclonal antibody in development for Alzheimer’s disease. The Clinical Scientist will assist the Clinical Science Leader and Global Development Leader in all areas of project and study planning.
- You will act as a clinical representative on a number of cross-functional teams responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of studies. This will require close and frequent interactions with a number of other functions including operations, biometrics, safety, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, and a variety of business and commercial functions;
- You will be responsible for preparing and updating clinical study protocols, informed consent forms, clinical manuals and instructions, investigator brochures, clinical progress and safety reports, and other written documents prior to review by line managers;
- You will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and presenting clinical data;
- You will contribute to clinical strategy planning and protocol development
- You will be responsible for staying up to date with current, relevant literature and identifying implications for our program
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance to regulatory and quality standards and for following GCP and Standard Operating Procedures
- You may be required to maintain close and frequent, but remote interactions with other members of the team at other global sites.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have the ability to evaluate, interpret & synthesize scientific data, and to verbally present and critically discuss clinical trial data in internal and external meetings
- You are a strong team player
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree (PhD or PharmD) strongly preferred
- You have an extensive experience in drug development within the biopharmaceutical industry, including experience working on multi-functional global development teams
- You have prior experience with clinical trials in the Neurology space, and preferably on Phase II or III trials within Alzheimer’s Disease
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.