At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are confident in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Pharmaceutical Sciences is an organization that enables global drug discovery and development from early discovery to late clinical stage including therapeutic target identification and validation, preclinical testing, clinical evaluation, regulatory compliance and marketing approval.
The goal of this internship is to contribute to the creation of a digital communication platform and utilizing new digital and social communication channels that will provide valuable information, news and resources for colleagues from across PS within the Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) division in Roche. Furthermore, you will support the communication deliverables for publications, congresses, talent attraction and cultural transformation with short dynamic videos, creative info graphics and general image work.
In this role you will be part of the PS Business Office supporting the PS Communications Manager as well as being part of the wider Global pRED Communications community.
The internship entails the following responsibilities:
- Working with PS scientists and managers, Roche IT and pRED Communications to support ‘change activities’ developing a new digital workplace intranet.
- Support PS Intranet and Newsflow content selection and cataloguing for migration to new platforms (Google Suite).
- Partner with PS department digital content owners and other stakeholders to support creation of G-sites and other digital and social channels for employee engagement. ensuring content is optimized for migration to new platforms.
- Develop new ways of information handling (Google Suite compatible).
- Assist in launch of Google plus online community.
- Support the communication deliverables with short dynamic videos, creative info graphics and general image work for new digital platforms.
We are keen to discover talents who are passionate about learning and show phenomenal curiosity in discovering new concepts and methods, and who are able to work flexibly across disciplines.
Who you are:
Does the following address you? You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As go-getter you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
What do you need in your toolbox?
- Enrolled Bachelor or Master student in Digital or Social Media Marketing, Communications, Online Journalism or a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Creative mind and strong interest in communication.
- Strong communications skills with first experience in digital and social media competency
- Keen on working with/integrating technical platforms and content management systems. Knowledge of Google Suite apps is strongly preferred.
- Strong writing skills and creative thinking to be able to translate complex topics into simple, engaging communication campaigns
- Skilled and a strong interest in producing creative content, with experience in video and graphic work an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; react flexibly to changes in plans and priorities in a fast paced, global environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with leaders and matrixed functions and departments
- Strong teammate, highly collaborative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Fluency in English, German a plus
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
When does it start?
The preferred start date of the internship is October/November for 6-9 months. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of the internship on your motivation letter. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter both merged in one document.
Do you know what Roche stands for?
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens have to provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
If you still have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Tags: ROiQQ ROiBU ROiCC ROiMK ROiTEC ROiBI ROiCS