Executes departmental vision, develops procedures, and facilitates execution of functional activities for assigned team. Leads an extended team in a functional discipline to complete project tasks for the successful completion of product development deliverables and to meet key business results.
•Provides technical knowledge of engineering principles and their application to developing cost-effective, reliable and high-quality systems that satisfy customer needs and business requirements. Reviews and analyzes customer and business requirements, and articulates and documents system requirements and functions.
•Generates and analyzes alternative architectures, developing preferred architectures, communicating and coordinating with marketing and cross-functional development teams, and assisting with the management of the balance between development cost, schedule, quality and performance.
•Applies diversified knowledge of engineering principles, practices and implementation in the development of complex diagnostic systems.
•Continuously improves and expands capabilities in engineering best practices and advises teams on the selection and deployment of appropriate tools and standards.
•Ensures the maintenance and continuous development of skills and technical expertise required by team in order to support product development initiatives
•Maintains extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art principles, theories, and practices around engineering related activities. Identifies and recommends long term tools, standards and methods to drive continual Engineering and Development improvement. Proposes long-term engineering strategy to achieve Ventana’s instrument technology and program goals.
•Conducts and participates in design/project technical reviews.
•Performs other duties and tasks as defined by Platform Systems Engineering
•Manages staff; provides staff with coaching, training and opportunities to develop skills, and gives ongoing, constructive and timely feedback on performance and progress toward goals and expectations.
•Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors Degree
- 8+ years of experience
- 3 years of supervisory or project leader experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prepare and manage departmental budgets, and to plan and allocate resources to support Lifecycle projects.
- Skilled in identifying and hiring functional resources with appropriate skill set to support Lifecycle projects.
- Ability to independently build, mentor and lead Engineering teams to achieve development targets.
- Ability to present and discuss data, present alternative action plans (and consequences), and clearly communicate recommendations to any level of the organization.
- Ability in following HR processes for talent management, performance review, objective setting and recruiting.
- Ability to contribute and interact productively and collaboratively with project teams as a creative, innovative manager.
- Expert knowledge of Engineering principles practices and tools.
- Demonstrated skill in applying Design for Excellence and Reliability tools and practices, expertise and methodologies to deliver complex programs.
- Demonstrated skill in executing sophisticated technology programs using a Systems approach.
- Ability to work on complex problems with analysis of situations or data towards successful outcomes.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.