At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
At Roche, we work with a purpose - developing innovative tests and medicines, and using data in new ways to help people to live longer, better lives. We have been writing scientific history for more than 120 years, and our work impacts millions of patients every day, now and in the future
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building teams that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement. Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers. This role can work across multiple organizational functions such as : Finance, HR, Marketing, Research etc.
Key responsibilities and activities
- Identify and tap potential sources of data (internal and external) that can contribute to a deep market understanding and insights.
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
- Generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts.
- Programs and maintains report forms and formats, information dashboards, CRM, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources and create specifications for reports based on business requests.
- Use data analytical techniques working with information retrieval, machine learning, matrix and graph algorithms, unsupervised clustering and data mining to solve business problems.
- Develop predictive modeling techniques to enhance accuracy of target setting and patient, sales, business growth and supply forecast.
- Demonstrate the Roche values of Integrity, Courage and Passion while carrying out job responsibilities and accountabilities and comply with the Roche Code of Conduct and all Healthcare Compliance policies and regulations in all interactions and situations.
Who you are
You are a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Information Science or related discipline
Experience and Functional skills
- At least 3 years of experience in data analytics, data visualization, and building statistical models or equivalent
- Experienced in creating and using advanced algorithms and analyzing data from third party providers; programming language with relational databases (i.e. R, Python, SQL) and big data tools a plus
- Knowledgeable in advanced analytics including machine learning, scenario analysis and predictive analytics
- Working knowledge on data mining principles such as mapping and collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Expert knowledge in statistics (Regression, clustering, random forest, decision trees, optimization, time series, probability, and other related advanced methodologies)
- Familiar with using third-party data and tools such as Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights among others
- Excellent skills in verbal and written English communication
- Experience in managing and building partnerships with vendors
Be part of a winning company
- Working at Roche means working at the forefront of innovation.
- Our cutting-edge technologies and healthcare solutions are occasionally developed with unconventional methods but always with the highest standard of quality in mind.
- Our Diagnostic division is the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics.
- Our Pharmaceutical Division is the No. 1 supplier of cancer medicines.
Our Performance Culture
- As we keep reinventing ourselves, we depend on our people to take the initiative and push ahead.
- We look at competencies across functions and geographies, you’ll certainly be able to align your interests with our business needs.
- We believe in having our employees share in the success of the company and offer people the opportunity to take ownership with our employee share plan (currently available in 41 countries).
An inspiring work environment
- We foster a culture of debate, mutual respect, and diversity to encourage open discussion and new ideas.
- Feedback is one of the core elements of our culture, as sharing knowledge promotes the development of new ideas, a key competitive strength of ours.
- Our focus is on natural, long-term growth, driven by the contributions of our talented and committed people.
- We leave you the space you need to meet your personal goals, meet your family obligations, and pursue your professional development.
- We have a variety of site-specific flexible working models.
Be inspired by who we are, what we do and how we do it.
Visit https://www.roche.com/careers.htm to learn more about Roche.