KEY ACCOUNTABILTIES Leadership and People - Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams across Assay and Platform Development to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities. - Establish strategic goals and objectives and maintain full strategic responsibility for the Assay Development organization. - As a functional leadership team member, drive collaboration across RSS sites, cross-functional planning, and decision making. - Proactively promote positive Culture Reliefs. Direct areas of responsibility - Assure the development of state-of-the art products and ensures integrity of product quality. - Provide critical review of scientific information and data produced by project to ensure adequate progression of program/project toward defined goals. - Ensure the integration of activities across all functions and departments. - Interact within various company and external groups to accomplish business objectives. - Ensure optimal communication and compliance with governmental agency guidelines. - Develop and manage budget. Manages resources to achieve desired results in the most time and cost effective manner. - Knowledgeable of external trends in developing complex genomic IVD assays and drives external view internally.
Candidates for this role should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered.
- PhD in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 10 or more years of experience in developing IVD products for the US and other key markets
- Reputation or prior track record of being a “leading edge” scientist in R & D
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead groups of PhD level scientists and clinicians working on complex projects, resulting in development of commercial products
- Proven collaboration/influence management, decision making, and leadership skills, and a demonstrated drive for results.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively with and manage cross-functional, cross-enterprise, cross-cultural teams in multiple locations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally, domestically, and internationally approximately 20% of the time
- Highly Competent in MS office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and build relationships across disciplines.
- Strong partnering and collaboration skills; has exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with manufacturing teams.
- Strong influencing skills; consistently achieves targeted results without authority and by leveraging his/her expertise, knowledge, interpersonal skills, organizational savvy and relationships
- Comfort around all levels of staff and management; maintains a confident stance, stays focused and on-point, and is able to raise problems or challenges in a productive and competent manner
- Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making
- Demonstrates Roche Values and Core Competencies
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision