At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Doing now what patients need next.
- Sydney head office Barangaroo based position
- Permanent role offering fully flexible work environment
- Broad portfolio of products across a range of therapeutic areas
Are you a talented, inspirational leader who is an enthusiastic advocate of customer experience and engagement? Are you passionate about coaching others to achieve real personal development? In this strategic leadership position, you will have the opportunity to optimise both patient and business outcomes.
Roche Australia needs you to bring your expertise in customer engagement to lead our sales teams to ensure they are properly equipped to perform their roles to optimum capabilities. We are looking for an ambassador for culture change and a role model for our new way of working; your demonstrated strengths in agile working principles and methodologies with see you thrive in this role.
You will report directly to the Director of the Strategic Business Unit, a member of the country leadership team. You will directly manage a team of 5 National Sales Managers and lead our broader sales organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating a vision regarding customer engagement, in-field strategy and capability building; engaging with key internal and external stakeholders to keep abreast of developments in these areas
- Defining standards and best practices for the sales organisation, driving continuous improvement in in-field effectiveness and for maintenance of a high level of performance
- Leading in-field process optimisation, incentive design and administration
- Providing coaching both in terms of professional and personal development
- Discussing in-field resource planning for brand teams with managers and other stakeholders
- Ensuring consistency in the planning efforts and capabilities to support the execution of aligned customer engagement strategies
- Providing input and guidance to brand teams and sharing relevant insights/developments with brand teams and across wider organisation
Who you are
You’re someone passionate about enabling others to succeed. We are looking for someone who can connect both internally and externally. In order to do this, you will need:
- Eight or more years’ in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Five or more years’ previous people management experience
- Two or more years’ previous pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related in-field management experience
- Substantial track record of developing strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners
Where passion meets purpose
Ready to take on some of life’s toughest diseases?
At Roche, the world’s largest biotech company you can, with the industry’s strongest pipeline in specialised medicines. Take pride in knowing you can make a difference to millions of patients worldwide developing treatments for oncology, neuroscience, inflammation, immunology, ophthalmology, rare diseases and respiratory disease.
With our commitment to research, we’re pioneering breakthrough medicines and leading the exciting frontier of personalised healthcare.
Anything’s possible, in a friendly, collaborative culture where people are united in purpose and will stretch you to be brave, speak up and think differently. Feel empowered to deliver meaningful outcomes, supported by accessible and inspiring leaders. Find balance in our market-leading commitment to flexibility. Enjoy access to our dynamic headquarters, located in vibrant Barangaroo Sydney.
Be energised, growing your career alongside 350+ local and 94,000 global colleagues; tenaciously working together as one team. Guided by our values of courage, integrity and passion we look to fulfil our purpose – doing now what patients need next and in doing so improve patients’ lived now and for tomorrow.
What will be your legacy?
All facets of diversity are important to us and we endeavour to create an environment where everyone, regardless of factors such as gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification or religion can contribute and realise their potential. As part of celebrating diversity, we welcome applications from all people who are passionate about doing now what patients need next.
This role is only open to candidates that have full eligibility to live and work in Australia. Applications close on 12th October 2019.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes or enquiries from recruitment agencies. Roche has a dedicated in house Talent Acquisition team.