As Senior Business Critical System Administrator you will be part of the Business Critical Solutions Team, belonging to Cloud, Computing and Storage within Operations organization. This team is providing support for several infrastructure components under its scope. This support includes technical operations in multi-disciplinary technology layers (Windows, Unix, Storage NAS/SAN, Backup, ...) together with maintenance and delivery. All this wrapped with a strong business orientation, value focus and agile IaC mentality.
A Senior Business Critical System Administrator needs to work with high autonomy in handling complex technical operations taking into consideration their related business processes impact, while accomplishing related objectives, under a strong regulated global organization with a customer focus mindset and high communication skills.
The key objective is keeping the Business Critical applications in the best possible shape in terms of resiliency, stability, reliability, performance and availability, from the Infrastructure perspective to the application one, sharing all together the same goal: Adding value to the business in an agile way.
For this we are looking for someone who will need to support, maintain and deliver that infrastructure and related services in a stable and reliable way, according to the necessary processes, quality, regulation compliance and accountability, as well as paying special attention to proactive & advance services for supporting those identified as business critical applications, creating the necessary business connections, knowledge and customer-centric focus for them.
Further your main responsibilities include:
- Work towards the performance and reliability SLAs of IT Infrastructure as well as accountable for the quality and performance of assigned IT operations
- Accountable for maintaining the qualification state of the IT infrastructure according to Roche standards, ensuring systems are Audit Ready and acting as a Quality Assurance and IT procedures reference for the rest of the team, ensuring documentation is produced and maintained according any Roche defined standard
- Responsible for building strong relationships, communications and collaborations with customers, other IT departments, areas or teams (thru teamwork) with the aim of better design and delivery assigned complex IT solutions, understanding clearly the Global Delivery Organization membership with a high positive resilience at any change
- Be part of the technical solution team focusing on maintaining and improving the reliability of the IT infrastructure, acting as Technology Subject Matter Expert and technical advisor on assigned IT projects, and therefore a technical reference for the rest of the team, keeping in mind an infrastructure automation mindset ( and IaC ) to cope with the workload and demand in a sustainable and reliable way
- Act as point of contact and coordination for third level escalations to vendor or to other departments , as well as supports senior management in the contract requirements and complex service level agreements and acts as technology mentor for the rest of the team in knowledge, documentation standards and quality that fulfill Roche regulations
- Able to show a Service and customer oriented mindset (to Roche business), applying technology to present company needs as well as future needs (continuous improvement and innovation thru automation as priority), being able to understand how technology actions impact across critical business processes and how to keep business continuity from an IT infrastructure perspective
You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and +6 years’ experience in related technology environments (Windows, Unix-Linux, Backup, Storage NAS/SAN, High-Availability solutions as clusters...) You possess experience in business critical environments under high pressure, dealing with critical incidents, high demanding customers and important escalations and in complex IT systems and organizations
Besides, you possess the following experience and skills:
- Possess technical certifications in related technologies ITIL certification, Professional English related certifications, agile framework certification (SAFe, Scrum Master…), continuous Improvement related certification (Six Sigma, LEAN, …) and IaC related certification
- Experience in a global organization, working in an international, multicultural, multi skilled and virtual teams
- DevOps approach: Infrastructure Automation and IaC - configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet), automated build/release test & deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Git-bitbucket, Artifactory)
- Senior level technical operational skills, such as troubleshooting, capacity planning, and root cause analysis and experience in advanced Monitoring tools/frameworks (e.g. Nagios, Ganglia, ELK, Grafana, Splunk) predictive failures
- Proactivity, with a clear ability to think beyond boundaries, take controlled risks, assume responsibilities and possess outstanding communication & presentation skills as well as marketing mindset skills and thinking out of the box skills
- Advanced English language skill is a requirement, and a second language (Spanish or German) would be considered an advantage
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq