This position is located in the “Cell Culture Research” department, which belongs to the "Pharma Research and Early Development" (pRED) organization. The main focus of our team is to characterize and develop efficient and robust bioprocesses for the production of innovative biotherapeutics made by recombinant monoclonal Chinese Hamster Ovary high producer cell lines.
We are a multidisciplinary team that applies world-leading methods in bioprocess engineering, automation, data processing, modeling and machine learning. We are proud of our team spirit and our hunger for science and are constantly learning from each other and from others to stay at the forefront of research.
We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoc in the field of modeling, biological simulations and machine learning, to enrich our team. We are offering a unique opportunity to work in a positive, highly dynamic, multidisciplinary environment, share your knowledge and expand your skills in one of the world's largest healthcare companies.
You will work in the Cell Culture Research department in close collaboration with the Analytics department. This position is one of two Postdoc positions available within the “Digital Twin” project. The other position is focused on developing advanced analytic capabilities and will play nicely together with the development of modelling solutions.
Focus of the project is to develop simulation capabilities that mirror our real-world bioprocesses and allow for in-silico process optimization and predictive capabilities.
You will be utilizing data from cuting-edge technologies, generated in state-of-the-art fermentations with the goal to deliver bioprocess models for best-in-class medicine development. We apply models and advanced analytics to generate hyothesis and inspire new experiments, take real-world decisions and predict potential process outcomes speed up processes and increase probability of technical success.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Your key responsibilities comprise the development of modelling and data science solutions that integrate a variety of sensor data into a coherent bioprocess simulation.
- You will work as a data scientist/ modeler (m/f/d) within Roche Pharma Research, developing modeling and data science solutions that capture process knowledge and enable predictive capabilities.
- It will be your responsibility to closely interact with scientists from across the Large Molecule Research organization.
- Presentation of data internally and externally as well as literature search is part of your regular tasks.
The publication of results belongs to your tasks and will be supported
Who you are:
- You have finished your Master’s degree in computer science, bioinformatics, biotechnology or biology or a related field and possess a PhD degree in this field with at least 3 years research experience.
- You have a strong background in mathematical modelling, systems biology, computer programming and possess a data driven mindset.
- You are a goal oriented personality, willing to perform wet-lab experiments and you are eager to establish new techniques.
- You are well known for your strong team spirit and your willingness to work in international teams.
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken) complete your profile.
This position is fixed termed to 2 years.
Apply now - we are looking forward to your application!
Contact person for applicants
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQ.
If you have any content-related / recruiting-specific questions regarding job advertisements, please contact the responsible recruiter (Evi Hallermayer-Jahreiß, 08856 60 19253).
With your application, keep it simple. In the first step it is sufficient if you send us a current, meaningful curriculum vita. If further documents are required, we will clarify this subsequently.