Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
Reporting to the Global Head of Research & Development and Digital Solutions, the Director R&D Front-End Innovation will be part of the Diabetes Care R&D Leadership team and will own the R&D innovation strategy for the Integrated Hardware and Digital Solutions platforms. As the Director R&D Front End Innovation you are responsible for working closely with the Strategy and Portfolio team to co-create global organic and inorganic insight-driven innovation strategies. You will also lead the R&D team through the early stages of assessing internal and external technologies strategies and transition solutions to the R&D Product Development organization.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Co-create the external and internal innovation strategies by partnering with the Strategy and Portfolio team to uncover and translate customer and technical insights, unmet needs and trends into a 5-10-year Innovation Strategy.
- Integrate the Innovation Strategy into the Strategic Plan, including financial growth and investment targets and align with key stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Create new operating models for populating inorganic and organic front end pipeline.
- Exceptional collaboration and partnering with R&D, mySugr, Strategy and Portfolio, Franchises, Medical Affairs, and Business Development.
- Lead team in solution and technology assessments.
- Develop diverse R&D team with front end assessment expertise and interdisciplinary mindset.
- Develop team skills in complex collaborations and deal design/assessments.
- Lead and inspire an insights-driven culture of innovation, enabling Roche Diabetes to bring more meaningful innovation to patients.
- Effectively plan and manage business plan budget.
- Lead with compliance mindset and ensure all certifications/requirements for team are complete and up to date.
- Support development of team, constantly assess capabilities, manage performance and attract best talent.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline.
- More than 10 years of progressive leadership experience within a related field.
- Excellent problem solving, customer service, negotiation, interpersonal, decision making, leadership, influence & communication skills, and technical business analysis skills.
- In depth technical knowledge in the area of specialty with a thorough understanding of its impact upon related fields. Knowledge is demonstrated through an advanced (MS/PhD) degree and/or in depth technical experience in a particular field.
- High level of knowledge of customer/business/manufacturing operations applied to the translation requirements into product development objectives/strategies.
- Advanced leadership/management (2 - 5 years of successfully managing and developing talent preferred).
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, human relations, and communication skills; ability to analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Up to 30% domestic and international travel required.
- Advanced degree.
- 5-10 years of innovation relevant experience.
- Successful track record of identifying breakthrough innovation opportunities.
- Balanced strategic thinking and execution capabilities.
- Passion for customer centric, insight driven innovation.
- Strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated comfort in ambiguous environment.
- Track record of successful business model innovations.
- Start-up, tech scouting or VC experience.