At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
In position you report into the Work Stream Lead Core Finance (Group) and are leading project cross-divisionally activities in the area of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Supply Chain Management, Fixed Asset Accounting and General Ledger.
You act as Business Process & Application Alignment Manager for Core Finance (Group) in the joint project "Business Process & ERP vision" and define future state business process map, structures and data model for a global SAP ERP template in the Core Finance stream together with the respective GBPOs and IT including current state business process & ERP as well as change impact and readiness assessment.
Your main responsibilities include:
- You lead end-to-end Finance Intercompany process stream to ensure holistic view from transaction to reporting and works closely with the GBPOs, Finance, Commercial, Manufacturing Finance, Procurement and IT in order to provide end-to-end (E2E) business process design solutions and cross-divisional harmonization. It will have special emphasis in Intercompany Master data, Transfer Prices Management, Intercompany Supply Chain, Intercompany Internal Services and Intercompany Account Reconciliation
- You are leading the cross-functional alignments and workshops between project team members, GBPMs, SMEs and IT involved in the Intercompany E2E scenarios such as Core Finance, Master data, Order to Cash, Procurement, Manufacturing Finance and Finance Group Reporting
- You translate detailed business requirements to IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to analytical work in order to meet business needs
- You define and implement Global template solutions including solution documentation & implementation, test management, business process operations including integrated trainings management for the area of Finance. Evaluates process design projects and assists in tailoring the development process to meet the project needs
- You embrace our “higher standard” where Financial Compliance questions are concerned and works closely with the GBPOs Financial Compliance. May support template and project audits and will provide solutions as part of the solution design to ensure compliance
- You ensure template governance within the project including change control management in line with the respective GBPOs and the overall Finance governance concept and work independently to drive key tasks for the Core Finance work stream
You have a Master's degree or equivalent experience in the respective functional area, Business Administration, or related field and 10+ years related business experience or equivalent Project Management skills in the area of Core Finance. You have the ability to identify and drive implementation of process improvement activities and the ability to lead the analysis, design, test and train of the solutions from an E2E business process understanding.
You have a strong business process knowledge and experience in the respective functional area. Knowledge of process-based/cross-process IT systems (ERP and decentralized systems) and the respective applications. Experience with reporting and analytics in the respective area. Furthermore it requires excellent problem solving and analytical skills to resolve a variety of routine and complex issues and to describe the business requirements accordingly and awareness and ability to lead and work in multi-cultural teams.
Besides, the following experience and skills are required:
- You have a broad knowledge of business processes, policies and programs in the respective functional area and strong Project, stakeholder, communication and change management skills and outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
- You have demonstrated business improvement experience based on very good knowledge about Core Finance business processes. Intercompany process experience will be a plus
- You possess an in-depth knowledge of respective business processes in the functional area of Core Finance, e.g. General Ledger Processes, Account Receivables, Intercompany Reconciliation
- Excellent communication skills to present to senior management and demonstrated ability to influence them and foster collaborative relationships with ability to engage resources outside of direct-control to gain consensus, meet deadlines and achieve goals and objectives
- High proficiency in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.