We are seeking an talented individual to join our Data Science team at the Roche Innovation Center Shanghai. In your role you will employ a combination of analytical, informatics and computational skills and scientific domain knowledge to provide timely analytical solutions for data-driven decision making in drug project teams. You will work closely with scientists in Pharma Research and Early Development, collaborating with other data experts and business stakeholders to contribute directly to research and clinical projects. This role requires strong technical and scientific knowledge combined with an excellent capacity to communicate and lead in a multi-disciplinary environment. You will be a self-motivated and focused individual who brings new ideas, energy and agility to the team that is passionate about serving customers and creating measureable scientific and business impacts.
- Partner with research scientists and other data experts to identify and address data analysis needs in drug project teams for the purposes of target validation, lead optimization, and clinical trial design
- Provide in depth literature analysis, focusing on biology, medicine, patent, competitor information, clinical trial, and real world data.
- Identify top researchers and evaluate external opportunities for a given disease area or technology field.
- Identify relevant information sources and apply a variety of tools and techniques to extract relevant information, perform data analysis, create visualizations and reports, and present findings and recommendations.
- Apply deep learning/machine learning/AI in the area of text and data mining.
- Support Roche’s internal efforts in the area of terminology and text analytics services
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of tailored end user support in making best use of available data sources from the Roche portfolio
- Contribute to the overall team effectiveness by creating and disseminating new analytics framework, methodology and practices.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to drive your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company’s global culture.
- You have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent education and work experience in life science, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. Additionally you bring the following skills:
- Excellent knowledge in natural sciences, preferably such as Pharmacology, Medicine, Biology, and Chemistry
- Experience in data-related sciences such as Text Analytics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Chemistry, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics
- Experience with information hosts and platforms like ProQuest, STN, Cortellis Analytics, and other key competitor and biomedical information sources
- Strong text analytical skills and being able to process, visualize and present results
- Knowledge of tools like Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, Cytoscape, Linguamatics I2E as well as the knowledge of public domain standard terminologies (e.g. MeSH, UMLS, MeDRA and ICD-10)
- Ability to develop scientific software in one or more of programming languages, e.g., Java, Python, R, Perl, SQL, and C/C++ would be an additional asset
- Experience in applying deep learning/machine learning/AI to natural language processing is a plus.
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin communication
- Team spirit and flexibility to work outside of normal working hours to achieve goals and support global team efforts