The Upstream Procurement IT Team is part of the Finance & Procurement ERP Organization. This team is responsible for the full life-cycle of Global upstream/strategic procurement solutions that support the following Business Process areas: Contract Mgt (CLM), Sourcing, Supplier Mgt (SAP SLC, Ariba Network and MDG-S), Category Mgt / Procurement Hub needs and Portfolio Mgt. To support our Business partners we employ different SAP and non-SAP solutions.
Our Team is also closely involved in an ERP technology and business process transformation under the name Future ERP Roadmap. This is a multi-year program which aims at defining and developing the functional ERP roadmaps in order to simplify, standardize and automate business processes and systems using SAP’s, industry and available Roche best practices.
As an Upstream Procurement IT team member, you will play a key role in the delivery of projects based on business requirements, consulting and advising to drive business value. You will translate business requirements into solutions specifications and communicate across all levels of the business from a technical perspective to business user. You will actively seek and propose ideas continuous improvement opportunities to benefit the Procurement partners and also our IT delivery capabilities.
As an Upstream Procurement Senior Business System Analyst you are expected to partner with the Global Procurement organization in the definition, design, build, implementation and future operations of Global Procurement solutions. You, together with our Business partners, drive the definition of procurement concepts/positions and their implementation. You design, build, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance Procurement functional solutions and support deployment and data migration activities. The position is based in Kaiseraugst (Switzerland) and will collaborate with the Upstream Procurement Team Manager.
Further your main responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the development of new features as per business requirements and responsible to document, including functional and technical specifications, interfaces, test planning and execution
- Contribute to the integration design of Upstream and Downstream procurement solutions to ensure a tight end-to-end process integrations
- Collaborate with functional (e.g. Finance or Manufacturing) and other IT teams to realize solutions for cross-functional areas
- Execute and/or support functional (exploratory and system) testing; coordinate testing activities, support defect resolution and support/coordinate user acceptance testing, deployment activities and data migration
- Be accountable for applications and systems ensuring their integrity and high-quality state during their life cycle
- Work closely with our IT partners in the Roche Global IT Solution Centers which are responsible for the operation, maintenance & enhancement of the solutions that we implement
You have 10+ years of experience in a global enterprise in the Pharma industry, delivering ERP solutions in transformational projects in the Procurement functional area. As well as 10+ years of design and configuration experience with excellent business process knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Supplier Management & Collaboration, Category Management, Sourcing or Contract Management.
In addition, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- You possess experience with integrating SAP Ariba and SAP ECC/S4 is a plus
- You possess strong analytical thinking, and are an ambitious, goal-oriented person, that loves to work in a team and have a track record of producing timely, high-quality work and a strong track record in ensuring the delivery of business benefits from projects
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in large multinational enterprise as well as experience in delivering projects using Roche project management methodology (PMM) or equivalent (ITIL, PMM)
- You have a demonstrable ability to collaborate and influence widely with technical and nontechnical partners across all aspects of Service delivery, definition and development
- You are highly adaptable to change and flexible to work outside of normal working hours
- You have good communication skills, both written and verbal in English
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.