For our Pharma affiliate in Hong Kong & Macau we are looking for a People Partner and Site Services Director. Roche Pharma Hong Kong & Macau is an affiliate with 140 employees.
The affiliate is going through an important growth transformation, seizing more agile ways of working, which is to enable the capture of great opportunities inside and outside of Hong Kong & Macau - in particular the opportunities offered with The Greater Bay Area (70m population). Roche Pharma Hong Kong is externally recognised as a Top Employer of choice and certainly a place of work where employees and patients are at the center of all we do.
The People Partner and Site Services Director will be a crucial person in this journey of transformation. He/she reports to the General Manager and is a member of the Leadership Team of APAC HR. Based in Hong Kong, he/she will be responsible for the overall implementation of the Roche Global HR Strategy and local affiliate strategy together with the local HR team.
The role combines leading the HR people function as well as the site services function. The position also covers SHE (Safety Health and Environment) and community topics. Additionally, this role will be part of the Pharma International HR Leaders community.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced leader who specializes in People and Culture to be tested and challenged in a fast paced, rapidly growing and innovative environment.
- Develop and coach Leaders of the organization so that they drive business performance through empowering people and through building teams that foster collaboration and experimentation.
- Strong change agent that leads the organization to become more agile (mind and methodologies) so that is can better realize the company’s North Star: “delivering better outcomes to more patients faster”.
- Lead the various HR functions such as attraction, development and reward in a way that allows the business to grow.
- Identifying true value drivers and contributing to organizational engagement through PAM (Purpose, Autonomy, Mastery) across all functions
- Ensure legal compliance with labor law for Hong Kong & Macau
- Further develop the People Partner function into a value adding function that truly supports the business
- Comfortable working at both a strategic and operational level – willing to be hands on when necessary
- Act as SHE Officer to ensure business sustainability & lead the team to provide an engaging workplace for our people
Who you are
We are looking for an open-minded, proactive, agile and talented team player. You are strong at combining your excellent people & culture background and analytical skills with your understanding of the business processes.
You bring the following skills and experiences:
- You have a university degree with experience in various HR roles including leading an HR function; a Masters Degree or MBA would be an advantage
- Experience working in an organisation that has adopted agile methodologies and ways of working would be a significant advantage.
- You have managed or are managing a team of HR specialists or HR business partners and are genuinely interested in helping them to become better professionals and people
- You thrive from empowering and coaching others (also at senior level) but at the same can give clear directions if needed
- You like to experiment new things and are not afraid to fail
- You have knowledge of the English (mandatory), Mandarin (optional) and Cantonese (optional) language