Rare Conditions Partner (RCP) for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
Do you want to contribute to a better life for SMA patients in a unique and valuable way? Then you’re the right person to help pioneer a patient centric powerhouse!
Pharma International (PI) is Roche's global business network (excluding US) of over 15'000 people, who work to ensure better outcomes for more patients faster. We are structured into two communities - the International 8 Markets (Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) and the International 7 Areas (Africa, Asia-Pacific, CEETRIS (Central Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia and Indian Sub-Continent), Europe North, Europe South, Latin America and the Middle East).
Rare Conditions is part of the Pharma International (PI) portfolio, and the new operating model (infinity model) for Rare Conditions is spearheading the overall transformation within PI. The transformation aims to create a more innovative organization that puts the customer at the center of what we do.
The mission we want to accomplish is to bring ‘more value’ to people with Rare Conditions faster to transform their lives. This new way of working is based on the principle of true partnership with the Rare Condition community, and through that addressing their needs via co-creation.
As the Rare Conditions Partner (RCP), you thrive for an intimate understanding of the stakeholder needs & behaviors centered around the patient with Spinal Muscular Atrophy disease in Switzerland and Austria. You act as the customer-facing, single-point of contact and as the connector with Roche's internal capabilities. You ultimately drive for co-creation within the strongly connected SMA network of stakeholder (Eco-system) to achieve personalized & fit-for purpose solutions.
You’ll do this as part of a larger self-managed and directed network of Rare Conditions Partners. To be successful, you’ll need to closely collaborate with all functions in the respective affiliate to exchange insights and analyze the disease ecosystem. Your knowledge of the competitive landscape will impact Roche strategy, and ultimately patients.
- Map Eco-systems of Spinal Muscular Atrophy disease
- Identify, qualify and quantify all relevant stakeholders
- Build trust & credibility with Eco-systems
- Educate & provide targeted information
- Deliver care support around patient journey
- Act as enabler for science partnerships
- Facilitate access & financial planning
- Create a partnership plan to deliver a personalized solution to Eco-system
Key Skills, qualifications and experiences
Are you passionate about new ways of team collaboration and best-practice sharing? Can you translate complex insights and large amounts of data/analytics into succinct, actionable presentations? If so, this role could be for you.
In addition, we are looking for a candidate who:
- Has strong rare disease specific expertise, ideally in rare neurodegenerative diseases
- Has clinical practice understanding; Experience in implementation of clinical trials preferred
- Has experience of partnership with Global TAEs and external organizations
- Has significant experience in Clinical Operations
- Has an MD, PharmD or relevant PhD for the Therapeutic Domain (preferred)
- Has an MBA / Relevant Business or Market Access (desirable) experience
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and is able to act fast
- Is a system thinker with foot on the ground
- Is able to learn quickly, and grow to take on new challenges
- Is a mobilizer & influencer, who can build and maintain open and transparent communication with key RC eco-system stakeholders
- Has strong knowledge of drug development process, with cross-functional experience
- Is able to establish collaborations with TAEs and maintain existing collaborations
- Establish scientific collaborations with Global Scientific Societies (including patient organizations
- Language preferences: English and german
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. Closing date for applications is June 7, 2019.
Location: Switzerland with travel to Austria
The selection process will consist of first round interviews conducted via google hangout and a second round that will also include a case study presentation in front of a panel.