Communications Lead Basel, PHC CoE
The Communications Lead Basel, PHC CoE, is responsible for the coordination of PHC communications work with Group Communications and creative teams, and serve as an on-site communications resource and counselor for the PHC, CoE team members based in Switzerland. Responsibilities will include ensuring that CoE strategy, perspective and approval is part of all work output related to PHC. The CoE is an essential part of the corporate-wide strategy to advance Personalized Healthcare and comprises a wide range of functional representatives from across all aspects of the Pharmaceutical and Diagnostics value chain at Roche.
The role is based in Basel, Switzerland at Roche headquarters and will also work closely with the PHC CoE based in SSF, Pharma Comms, Group Communications in Basel. This position will report to the Communications Business Partner of the PHC, CoE.
- Translate PHC CoE business strategy into communication and creative assets.
- Ensure a high level of coordination and continuity between CoE communications and needs and those of Pharma and Group Comms.
- Serve as a Basel communications resource to PHC CoE team members based in Basel.
- Serve as a trusted counselor to the Communications Business Partner, PHC CoE and Group Communications.
- Manage the operations of multiple communications and creative work streams with various internal stakeholders and agency partners (social media, creative, advertising, video, etc.) This will include budgeting, timelines and workflows.
- Coordinate PHC work with Roche and Genentech communications and creative functions.
- 15-25% global travel on an annual basis (negotiable).
- 10-15 years of communications experience with a strong emphasis on working within highly matrixed organizations, ideally global.
- Mix of both communications agency and in-house experience is desirable.
- Track record of providing communications and counsel to other functions.
- Experience handling communications in the pharmaceutical/biotech or technology industries.
- Ability to translate complex technological, analytical and medical concepts to audiences of varying knowledge levels.
- Strong verbal skills; language fluency in English and German desirable, though not necessary.
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for regional and cultural norms and how they influence marketing and go-to-market strategies targeted to diverse audiences globally.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq