Who we are:
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
As a member of our field based field Applications Specialists team, you will be primarily responsible for providing technical support and expertise to existing and potential customers across WA and NT mainly, but also occasionally nationally. This position is based in Perth.
Using your previous experience and provided training, you will install, train and provide troubleshooting assistance for Ventana instrumentation, software and reagent systems, including platforms used for the automated slide staining of histopathology slides in hospitals, private pathology and medical research laboratories.
To become a team member you will ideally possess the following:
- Relevant degree / diploma in Science / Laboratory Science
- 3 years’ experience within a Pathology / Histopathology Laboratory
- Exhibited ability to diagnose applications and operational issues on analytical systems and to successfully resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to groups
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills.
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in Laboratory workflow assessment / LIS - desirable
- Experience in Digital Imaging – desirable only
Superior customer service is pivotal to the success of Roche, therefore we expect our new team member to be customer focused, self motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Natasha Sumners, HR Officer on 02 9860 2332.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application Support