Field Support Technician - Houston, TX
Location: Houston, TX: must reside within 60 miles of Houston, TX
Territory: Midwest: AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, LA, MS
Travel: 70% overnight travel
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
This is an exciting time to join Roche Support Network. If you are passionate for problem solving then this is the position for you! As a research-focused healthcare company, Roche discovers, develops and provides innovative diagnostics and therapeutic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals - from early detection and prevention of diseases to diagnostics, treatment and treatment monitoring. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
This position serves as a resource for the technical maintenance and installation of Roche products for assigned product lines. Performs on-site preventative maintenance, installation, and technical updates (TSB’s) on company product(s). Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and system failure, using established procedures as necessary when performing preventative maintenance, installation, technical updates (TSB’s) activities, and routine reagent conversions. Documents all activity in a manner compliant with company’s quality procedures. Requires specific training and certification. May adapt procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Duties are generally routine but may include non-routine tasks. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Who you are:
- Applies industry acceptable practices and procedures to install, and maintain, Roche Diagnostics equipment. Schedules and performs preventative maintenance, modifications and conversions as required per department policy.
- Responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with Roche equipment and related products. Promotes effective, positive, and productive communication among team to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customer base.
- Completes and documents all service and customer account related reports, updates, and emails in a timely and professional manner, compliant to all company quality procedures and guidelines. * Maintains expenses within departmental guidelines and controls inventory and all company property.
- High school diploma and 2 years of technical school or equivalent military training or equivalent work experience
- Successful training or certification as defined by RD Services Leadership and policy
- Knowledge of electronics, electro-mechanical systems, and information technology
- Knowledge of basic chemistry
- Good written/verbal communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Effective customer service skills, which includes a positive attitude and helpful customer interaction