Our Instrument Solutions department is responsible for all development activities relevant to the mechanical, electronic and fluidic systems of Roche Diagnostics’ Blood Gas & Electrolytes (BG/E) Point of Care medical devices. Our focus is on the development of new products and their continuous improvement, as well as production process improvements, production in-process controls and quality control tests.
For our Hardware Design team, we are currently looking for an experienced senior electronics engineer to take over the role of a functional project lead (FPL) for specific focus areas.
As part of our team, your main tasks and responsibilities are summarized as follows:
- You are responsible for creating concepts, technical requirements and specifications for instrument modules and components in the area of electronics (PCBs incl. firmware).
- You are responsible for the development of electronic components from their concept phase up to their verification and integration in the final system, including the specification and development of their test systems (ICT, FCT).
- You are responsible for the evaluation and support of externally developed or off-the-shelf modules and components, from the creation of their requirements specifications up to their integration in the final system.
- You recommend appropriate measures and optimizations for medical instrument sub-systems and components which are technically and economically feasible and support the department in their successful implementation.
- You can take a leading role in development projects for instrument sub-components and manage internal as well as external project partners; you are responsible for the results, timing and budget of your projects.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a personality who can bring new ideas and question conventional thinking patterns, does not hesitate to take on new challenges and values working in a competitive environment together with experts from various scientific and technical disciplines.
If your profile looks like this, do not hesitate to contact us:
- Your background is in electrical engineering, physics, microtechnology/microelectronics or a related discipline.
- You have at least 5 years of working experience including technical project leading experience, ideally in the field of product development.
- You have a good working knowledge of digital and analog circuit technology; knowledge in the area of optics is a plus.
- Good communication and soft skills - you can cooperate and network with people across functions.
- You are fluent in German and English, both oral and written.