Within the Diagnostic division the Global Capital Investment and Real Estate function, the Global Expert Facility Management is responsible for strategy, organization, coordination, process and governance across all aspects of Facility Management.
The Facility Management team encompasses multi-disciplinary activities within the built environment and influences our impact upon people and the workplace. Our responsibility extends to facility performance measurement and driving improvement in the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of our built environment through knowledge exchange and establishing best practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of new concepts for lifecycle asset management, service delivery/integrated facility management, operability of assets and compliance assurance
- Lead the implementation of FM portfolio optimization projects, including but not limited to service delivery/integrated facility management, lifecycle asset management, digitalization, and FM operations
- Develop and implement new concepts for improved data and performance management
- Drive and support the implementation of new concepts for FM operations across the portfolio
- Establish and introduce new guidance for the division including strategy, governance, data and processes
- Support the positioning of the Global Facility Management and Real Estate function as a centre of excellence across the Roche Group and externally
- Support the growth of collaboration through active participation in global and regional facilities councils, workshops, conferences and news articles across all areas of interest
- Promote and implement the Insights Facility Management global trainee program and mentor trainees
To be successful, we believe a university level education (MSc or equivalent) in Facility Management or a related field will be needed. We require at least 10 years in major FM projects, ideally balanced between owner, consultant and contractor sides. You preferably have international experience across several companies and cultures and experience in driving changing within a global organization.
Moreover you are a strong and clear communicator across all levels of the organization. You are able to build lasting relationships and show great openness and understanding for other cultures. You have a high sense of and desire for continuous improvement, show strong systematic thinking and show a high ability to self-reflect.
We are also looking for:
- Excellent leadership in a matrix organization even without direct reporting lines
- Strategic and logical approach with experience of handling relationships at all levels and the ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level
- Clear and transparent decision-making
- Ability to define and shape organization independently
- Membership of a professional body such as IFMA, BIFM, GEFMA, RICS, FMN, FMA etc.
- Proven experience in managing a portfolio of projects
- Willingness to travel internationally (Up to 20% required)
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
If you have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.