As Category Project Specialist Travel, you are part of Roche Global Procurement, and you will be part of the global Travel & Fleet category team, supporting regional and global Category Managers in the execution of Global/Regional Category Strategies.
Global Procurement (GP) is a key function that delivers value to Roche by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of Roche’s third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, GP helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
As Category Project Specialist Travel, you are responsible for maintaining and improving the Travel database, supporting strategic projects according to the Travel Category Strategy, Business needs and annual pipeline of initiatives.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful execution and completion of projects related to reporting and usage of new technologies, using robust project governance and management, vendor selection, implementation of new vendor strategy, implementation of new processes and technology and training of stakeholders.
Being part of the Travel and Fleet Procurement category team project execution and support can span across both categories of Travel and Fleet.
- Executing simple to mid-complex projects assigned by Category Management teams to deliver in line with agreed targets.
- Drive alignment of reporting and analytics across the category and execute global reporting projects
- Ensuring completion of agreed deliverables quality of customer service.
- Establishing effective project governance by ensuring a robust project structure with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Monitoring and mitigating risk by monitoring the progress of projects and proactively identifying and reporting any projected risks, and resolving issues on a timely manner and escalating them where appropriate.
- Ensuring a smooth and efficient handover to the Category teams, regional / site teams for implementation, including converting project outcomes into useable category buying guides or other content.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business
- Experience in Business travel
- Project management experience including, operational efficiency projects, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex environments,
- Demonstrated understanding of the Business Travel spend category (Airlines, Lodging, Ground Transportation, TMC, Expenses and Travel Technology) and potential cost levers or market fundamentals would be beneficial.
- Business level fluency in English.