The focus of this position is on the analysis and simulation of complex systems used in tissue sample preparation and staining. Activities/assignments can involve fluidics, robotics, software, thermal, electrical, mechanical and/or biochemistry elements. Perform hands-on testing, including evaluations of system error handling, reliability and system performance. Develop simulation models (Matlab/Simulink) for new systems to determine architectural parameters for optimal performance.
- Participates in the definition of system/subsystem architectures, technologies, components and configurations to meet requirements for new products.
- Analyses system performance/behavior, including use of software modeling techniques as required.
- Executes trade-off and feasibility studies, and recommends solution
- Collaborates across functions, business areas and companies to develop innovative technical solutions
- Applies advanced engineering knowledge to work
- Executes experiments; participates in experimental design
Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcript in order to be considered.