*Looking for local candidates able to work part-time starting Fall or Winter*
As strategic partners in drug development, Biostatistics applies drug development and statistical expertise to the design of clinical development plans, clinical studies, and non-clinical experiments. We lead many aspects of clinical trial conduct (e.g., randomization, independent Data Monitoring Committees), analysis and data interpretation.
The Intern partners with senior scientists in biostatistics to develop and maintain an internal statistical modeling and machine learning toolset to facilitate high dimensional data analysis for clinical development projects and research applications. The Intern will be a member of a drug development team. The major responsibilities for the intern will include but not limited to:
- Conduct literature reviews, summarize existing methods in reports and presentations
- Conduct extensive simulation studies to evaluate existing methods, with emphasis on modeling performances of different methods in clinical trial settings.
- Integrate existing tools (e.g. R packages) to build an analysis pipeline
- Assist deployment of statistical analyses to improve decision making, support exploratory activities, and contribute to strategic planning in clinical trials
- Collaborate in preparation of presentations and publications