Who We Are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics main sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Direct Procurement department has over a decade of experience and today we are looking to enter the next level of maturity. Join our transformation journey! You can become the strategic sparring partner to our Global Operations and R&D stakeholders with regards to procurement decisions very early on in the process. Help us create a long term strategy to become a key enabler for Roche Diagnostics to grow profitably and to secure and extend its market leadership. What we have to offer is an exercise in organizational evolution, an open path to a truly global career and the chance to successfully lead through influence.
The Direct Procurement Project Manager is accountable for delivering on high value strategic projects according to the relevant Business Area / Business Unit Product Portfolio Strategy, Product Development roadmap, and annual pipeline of initiatives within DOP. The role supports the Business Area / Business Unit Lifecycle Teams and cross functional Lifecycle Project Teams by executing procurement deliverables according to defined Product Development Processes using project management methodologies, stakeholder engagement, and leveraging Roche’s category and supplier management strategies to influence and/or own decision-making in sourcing strategies.
As a member of the Upstream Procurement team, the Project Manager is accountable for delivering procurement deliverables on assigned projects and agreed targets, goals to ensure product development milestones are achieved, and material cost, delivery, and quality targets are realized while in compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures. The role is responsible for ensuring the successful execution and completion of procurement deliverables on product development projects while leveraging category and supplier strategies to maximize value to the product portfolio. The Project Manager is responsible for selecting and developing suppliers in alignment with global category and supplier strategies in the pre-launch phase of product development.
This role can be based in Rotkreuz (Switzerland) or in Waiblingen (Germany).
What you will do
- Deliver on assigned projects and targets: High value strategic projects according to the relevant Business Area / Business Unit Product Portfolio Strategy, Product Development roadmap, and annual pipeline of initiatives within DOP.
- Create all primary product development deliverables and obtain sign off for all major milestones in line with Roche’s category and supplier management approach, and in compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures. After project execution, ensure a smooth and efficient handover to the Procurement Operations teams.
- Apply robust project management: Create and execute against project plans. Work in cooperation with Business Project Leaders / Project Managers to ensure the appropriate support is leveraged to deliver project needs.
- Establish effective project support: Ensure robust project support by leveraging category and supplier management, procurement process know-how, and Direct Procurement Project Specialist resources, where applicable. Serve as the primary contact for procurement and ensure issues and needs are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor and mitigate risk: Monitor the progress of projects and pro-actively identify and report any projected risks to overall targets or timelines as well as potential mitigation strategies. Resolve issues and project risks on a timely basis and escalate issues and risks where appropriate.
- Provide feedback: Contribute any feedback to employees that have been involved in the project execution and delivery as requested by their performance managers.
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Strong background in strategic sourcing and supplier management in new product development and introduction in the medical device/pharmaceutical industry, or other highly regulated industry.
- 5+ years’ procurement or supply chain experience delivering measurable value in strategic sourcing, enterprise cost reduction, and / or operational efficiency projects.
- 3+ years of project management experience including risk management, project reporting, and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex environments.
- Experience in a scientific or engineering capacity, or vocational training. University degree in Business or Life Sciences is desirable.
- Experience in new product and/or technology transfer processes and requirements
- Strong analytical experience including ability to drive insights from large and varied data sources, data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview) and database applications (e.g. Access).
- Experience with enterprise systems (SAP, Oracle) and procurement / procure-to-pay tools such as (e.g. Ariba, Emptoris, SAP) is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in procurement specific systems and processes for the efficient management of sourcing events and contract negotiations (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
- Life Sciences or Management Consulting industry experience would be ideal.
- Any professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS), project management (e.g. PMP, Prince 2), or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous.
- Strong communications skills – ability to work with senior stakeholders within the business. Strong English along with proficiency within German would be ideal.
- Availability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) for up to 20-30% of time for various meetings at Roche and Supplier sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Tedarik, Tedarik > Operational & Transactional Procurement