Medical Affairs Executive Director, National Accounts Federal, and Select Supply & Care Delivery
From the beginning, Genentech has been a team of highly dedicated, passionate individuals.
We are a place where people are united around a single purpose and an ambitious vision.
Together, we aspire to deliver ever better health outcomes for patients while lowering overall
The Medical Affairs Executive Director, National Accounts Federal, and Select Supply & Care Delivery is a cross-portfolio role, accountable for co-creating and driving an overarching medical strategy across organizations with national scope, including Payers, Federal, National Comprehensive Cancer Network /pathway vendors, Channel, Hospital and Distribution customers with the goal of shaping strategies for optimized access and formulary positioning of Genentech products while at the same time seeking to improve patient outcomes and customer experience. In addition, they will identify opportunities to advance the care continuum and the delivery of healthcare through broad clinical and population health research opportunities that include Real World Evidence (RWE) and the ability to leverage the suite of Roche assets across Flatiron Health, Foundation
Medicine, and Roche Diagnostics as appropriate.
The Medical Affairs Executive Director, National Accounts Federal, and Select Supply & Care Delivery will have field accountability for key customers and will be
responsible for collaborating closely with MED roles focused on regional ecosystems to gain
alignment and execute against shared medical goals and ensure national decisions are pulled
through at the ecosystem level. The Medical Affairs Executive Director, National Accounts Federal, and Select Supply & Care Delivery will work in close partnership with their commercial National Accounts counterparts to ensure shared accountability across the designated accounts, being fully accountable for delivering on the medical aspects of the
business and the overarching customer experience. The Medical Affairs Executive Director, National Accounts Federal, and Select Supply & Care Delivery is also responsible for leading change management, supporting people development, and identifying
enhanced competency opportunities for their team.
The Medical Affairs Executive Director, National Accounts Federal, and Select Supply & Care Delivery will provide medical leadership for defined teams to deliver an
enhanced end to end customer experience and greater engagement in the delivery of health
care solutions, inclusive of patient outcomes, customer satisfaction, and joint value.
1. Deeply understand the unique medical needs of each customer in their clinical,
research, and business goals to increase satisfaction, improve outcomes and lower
overall healthcare costs
2. Connect with key medical customers to co-create solutions leveraging Genentech/
Roche capabilities (inclusive of our medicines, services, technology, talents) along the
3. Prioritize relationships with key access decision-makers in healthcare systems,
managed care organizations, payers, and government programs to optimize appropriate
coverage policy, pathway inclusion, patient identification algorithms; further developing
medically driven mitigation strategies to remove barriers impacting patients access to
4. Define the strategic near and long-term medical vision and direction for the defined
National Accounts in order to identify opportunities for collaboration which enhance
patient outcomes and experience
5. Lead and influence national field medical discussions across therapeutic areas to
identify and elevate medically focused opportunities, resources, and strategic action
across the nation
6. Act with executive ownership mindset with a focus on a comprehensive medical strategy
in order to achieve optimal outcomes for patients
Key Activities & Responsibilities
● Primary medical point of contact for defined National Accounts to co-create, prioritize,
plan, and implement mutual beneficial, cross portfolio or population health initiatives that
are aligned with account and U.S. Medical Affairs priorities
● Lead development and execution of medical strategy and vision (with ecosystem
medical partners) aligned with the broader organization and provide ongoing visibility of
account plans to all relevant stakeholders
● Foster amongst team ongoing awareness of Squad and USMA objectives and strategy
to integrate into account plans across the nation
● As needed, facilitate and coordinate Therapeutic Area MSL (TA MSL) touchpoints to
optimize medical engagements with defined National Accounts customers. Partner with
TA MSLs for discussions that require deep scientific, technical expertise
● Help determine allocation of resources and make investment decisions to maximize
patient outcomes and customer engagement while delivering value for Genentech
● Ability to provide high level scientific engagement across the Genentech portfolio of
products, to include pipeline presentations across all key disease and therapeutic areas
● In partnership with the commercial National Accounts team, establish and manage
senior stakeholders and C-suite relationships across the defined National Accounts in
order to better understand their needs and identify insights and opportunities for medical
● Identify and co-create research collaboration opportunities across National Accounts
customers to address key questions in the delivery of patient care
● In conjunction with the National Accounts field team:
● Identify and establish health outcomes and RWE collaborations that leverage
capabilities of the nation
● Identify scientific research priorities with ecosystem medical partners, other
national health services researchers, or through appropriate internal stakeholders
(medical teams, health outcomes research teams, development, etc.)
● Collaborate with commercial National Accounts team to ensure appropriate triage
of commercial opportunities while leveraging medical staff for appropriate
discussions and support
● Support national healthcare market opportunities (e.g., Oncology Care Model)
● Represent cross portfolio customer needs, insights and knowledge to other parts of
Genentech including senior leadership and other internal partners (i.e. Squad, NoS,
E4A, etc.) in order to advance shared goals between Genentech and the customer
● Identify, facilitate, and pull through training needs for defined National Accounts team
and beyond to ensure team members are competent in evolving market landscape
● Track National Accounts customer experience, both formally and informally, and use this
information to enhance customer engagement and medical strategy
● Develop and track metrics across the medical portfolio in partnership with commercial
National Accounts team, when appropriate to include – total number of clinical trials by
disease area, performance across clinical trials, delivery on research initiatives, clinical
pathway and guideline implementation and utilization, formulary status, etc. Identify
opportunities through analytics and ongoing business reviews and using agile
approaches to adapt medical plans where required
● Create and foster a culture that is collaborative and customer centric, and a team that is
curious about possibility and empowered for action
● Lead change and encourage a mindset of experimentation and innovation to continually
refresh and enhance the customer experience
● Attend and represent Genentech through advisory panels, advisory boards and other
professional and/or policy-making forums to influence the healthcare debate and
advance Genentech’s mission to be the leading biotechnology company in the U.S.
Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Genentech
● This position may be accountable for covering more than one National Account pending
● Advanced clinical science degree required (MD, PharmD, MsRPH, PhD, MSN, NP, PA,
● 10 years related work experience strongly preferred (managed care/health plan, hospital
administration, clinical pathway or formulary decision maker, industry experience, etc)
with demonstrable evidence of successfully partnering with customers and achieving
shared goals and outcomes
● Developing and implementing strategy across complex healthcare environments with an
ability to influence without authority and mobilize colleagues to action around shared
● Ability to lead complex cross-functional account teams and operating under ambiguity
without a set playbook, including aligning teams
● Strong ability to lead, influence, and work in a matrixed environment regardless of
● Ongoing investment in developing self and others to enable others to achieve their
potential, deliver ambitious goals or achieve excellence
● Excellent understanding of external laws, codes and company policies that apply to the
CMG Operating Principles
● I put the patient first, always.
● I am tenacious in meeting customer needs.
● I act on behalf of the whole company, not just my team.
● I am inclusive.
● I build a culture of trust.
● I grow my capabilities to increase my impact.
● I have a bias for action.
● I am accountable.
● I use time and resources to create the most impact.
● I act with integrity.
Complies with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures that govern the conduct of GNE
This position requires significant driving of either a company provided or personal vehicle as
well as prolonged periods of sitting, both of which are part of the essential duties and
responsibilities of the role. As a result, Genentech, Inc. (Company) from time to time will check your motor vehicle record for purposes of determining your eligibility for driving a Company vehicle or driving any vehicle on Company business.
This is a field-based position. Must be willing to travel overnight to meet with customers,
internal stakeholders, and attend relevant conferences up to 70% time.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Tıbbi Çalışmalar, Tıbbi Çalışmalar > Medikal Bilim İlişkisi