Within the Global Customer Support (GCS) organization, the Roche Molecular Diagnostics Documentation Department provides user and service documentation for diagnostic devices in areas including virology, blood screening, microbiology and oncology. The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Guides, Quick Start Guides, Service Manuals, and award-winning User Assistance.
Your main tasks would include:
- Writing and updating end User Documentation and Service Documentation in English for Roche instruments and software while respecting project requirements and documentation standards
- Planning, developing, organizing and editing operational procedures for user and service documentation
- Independently collecting information required to produce the documents
- Cooperating closely with service personnel, trainers, developers, and other subject matter experts
- Organizing documentation reviews by subject matter experts, and implementing their input
- Ensuring that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are respected
- Managing localization projects (for software and documentation) in close collaboration with software development and country organizations
Ideally, you fulfill the following criteria:
- You are currently enrolled as a student or have recently graduated (within the last 12 months), preferably with a major in linguistics, technical communication or in a related field.
- Excellent spoken and written command of English (native speaker or equivalent level).
- You are a committed, reliable and independent team player
- Ability to quickly learn complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text or visual form (pictures or videos)
- Strong teamwork skills, with a taste for active daily involvement in multi-functional project teams
- Flair for communication in an international environment
- Familiarity with IT software, laboratory systems, and their interfaces is a plus
What we offer:
- A comprehensive overview of the different tasks, roles and career paths within Technical Documentation
- Solid instructions by experienced colleagues
- The chance to bring in your own ideas and experiences
- An international and welcoming team.
Start date: 01-March-2020
Duration: 6 months
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.