The Risk, Contracts & Compliance department supports Global Procurement in its enablement function and contributes to Roche's success with compliance-tested IT contracts.
Our team is characterized by diversity, as we have lawyers, IT specialists and business economists in our ranks - a varied mix. We are always motivated and prefer to celebrate our success together! Our global team (Germany, Switzerland, USA and Canada) is just as internationally networked as our customers and that makes our daily working life exciting and varied.
What you can expect:
The Contract Manager IT position supports third-party risk management processes, including contract drafting and negotiation. You will work with functional and cross-functional global, regional and local stakeholders on a daily basis. You can expect a demanding clientele who would like you to provide them with comprehensive and competent advice. You can expect close cooperation with various key functions and a variety of cases, as well as the following tasks:
- Preparation and drafting of contract provisions on the basis of strategy discussions, stakeholder input and organizational expectations in compliance with legal and compliance-related requirements and guidelines.
- You will be responsible for negotiating contracts. At all times, you will ensure that negotiations are conducted in accordance with legal and compliance requirements and guidelines and within delegated/contractual authority.
- Be a partner! You will coordinate negotiation teams and guide other business representatives in negotiations.
- Advising and assisting stakeholders and influencing business partners using legal, compliance and/or third party risk management concepts, including highlighting specific functional risks (e.g. data protection, anti-corruption, GCP/cGMP, insurance, SHE, regulatory pricing, PhRMA Code of Conduct, product complaint, Sunshine Act, DSCSA, etc.) in accordance with sufficient powers granted by the legal department to approve most provisions.
- Are you a strategist? Then demand and promote close collaboration with procurement and business stakeholders to reflect their strategy (including vision and mission of Global Procurement, Risk, Contracts & Compliance) in IT contracting processes.
- Competent, in-depth advice to business partners by applying a deep understanding of the importance of the issue and establishing sustainable business partner relationship management to ensure process and contract compliance.
- Coordination and guidance of project team members as well as providing feedback for project team members to generate further development opportunities.
- Teamwork at its best! Promoting teamwork and creating a work culture that ensures cross-functional collaboration with service providers.
- Ensure end-to-end service delivery with accountability for services, prioritization, operations and delivery. You are always looking to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
What you bring with you:
- You have already successfully completed your studies in law (or economics) with a (IT) technical focus.
- You have many years of professional experience in the field of contract management and ideally have already contributed this to the pharmaceutical industry.
- You have already successfully applied your expertise in contract negotiation and drafting in the field of risk management in your professional practice.
- Data privacy and IT security are not just buzzwords for you, because you have a sound knowledge of IT and security.
- Contract law and data protection law, as well as copyright issues are well known to you.
- Additional legal certifications in the field of compliance or procurement are desirable (e.g. IAPP - International Assocication of Privacy Professionals in the field of data protection and compliance or C.P.M. - Certified Purchasing Manager).
- On the strength of your pronounced communication skills and your negotiation skills, you will be able to communicate with internal and external partners at all hierarchical levels in a business-oriented and targeted manner and also convince with your proficiency in English.
- You have the ability to assert yourself and act in a goal-oriented way. You also have several years of experience in project management with international teams.
- The willingness to travel on business (10-15%) completes your profile.
The job is limited to 12 months!
Apply now - we are looking forward to your application!
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQ.
If you have any content-related / recruiting - specific questions regarding job advertisements, please contact the responsible recruiter (Selina Ballhaus 759 2570).