What you need to know about the department?
This position is located at the department of biostatistics. You work in a highly qualified team within R&D of Roche Diagnostics. The team consists of 7 people and in the department you find >30 colleagues, who are statisticians, physicists, bioinformaticians and epidemiologists. The project you would work on is focused on the development and maintenance of an R/shiny-based platform providing algorithms and machine learning and statistical solutions. Users are internal and external scientists aiming at evaluating the technical and clinical performance of in-vitro diagnostic assay. Methods and solutions will be optimized to the expert needs with regard to usability and quality. See www.Code4life.com to get a further impression of what we are aiming at.
What will be your daily tasks?
- be familiar with newest IT technologies used for Machine Learning and Big Data application
- be involved in the development and optimization of the R/shiny based intranet-platform
- administrating Linux-servers and maintaining the IT-infrastructure
- integrate the user requirements and specifications
- specify, evaluate and develop algorithms and software solutions for frequent use cases and build prototypes
- design solutions for a wide range of algorithms and data science applications including graphical user interfaces
- develop a library of test cases to proof the correctness of a module and apply them in an automated fashion
- give trainings on how to apply your software and interpret the results
- analyze existing processes and model them mathematically, using simulations and optimizations in order to improve them
- continuously improve your expertise by attending workshops, congresses etc.
Who you are to be our new colleague in our highly motivated team?
- You hold a degree, ideally a doctorate or equivalent experience, in mathematics, statistics, (bio)informatics or comparable
- You are an expert in R/shiny, Python Flask or similar framework programming
- You have much experience with web-technologies (HTML/CSS/jQuery), XML, Linux- and web-server configuration
- You are familiar with standard methods of software development, like version control and change-management
- You have strong knowledge of biostatistics, applied mathematics and numeric
- You may have already applied biometrical and statistical methods in the industry
- Basic knowledge in biochemistry and medical terminology is an advantage
- You have proficient language skills, both in German and English (in written and spoken form)
- You enjoy working in (interdisciplinary) teams
- Also the good mood by fun at your work and the atmosphere in the team must not be absent with you
This position is limited to 3 years.
The advertised position is also suitable for part-time work.
To make the application process as comfortable as possible for you please add only your updated CV. References and certificates are not required at this stage.
We look forward receiving your application!
Get in touch
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
If the FAQ does not answer your questions, please contact our AskHR team
+49 621 759 74999 for technical questions.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (K. Seifert, +498856/607724).