The Data Architecture, Analysis and Visualization team is part of the Medical Data and Information Solutions group. Our mission is the design, implementation and support of technical solutions to improve data collection, curation, tabulation and analysis processes. One of our focus areas is the metadata management for clinical data standards; a key enabler for interoperability and data FAIRification. We manage a metadata platform based on Semantic Web technologies, used to publish data standards and related metadata. We are responsible for designing vocabularies, organizing our metadata store and ensuring proper information flows across connected applications. We are partnering with Biometrics and Informatics to improve and optimize data related processes.
We are shaping the future landscape to enable better quality in data management, and enhanced data and insights sharing to help scientists to develop new medicines with the goal of personalized healthcare (PHC). For our vision to come true, we are searching for an Information Architect to join our team.
- Metadata management and modelling as well as development of new and extension of existing ontologies
- Partner with domain experts (technical and business) to define new models, identify metadata management needs and flows across systems in the area of data standards and clinical data management
- Develop applications to optimize information flows with regards to clinical data standards and metadata management
- Work closely with the development team to enhance/extend the functionalities of our semantic based metadata management platform
- Investigate, expand, and advance our state of the art platform to support business needs and research related tools available on the market
- Participate in cross-functional projects and initiatives that contribute to PHC programmes
We are looking for a self-driven Information Architect to join our team at the interface between Biometrics users and our software development team. You enjoy working in a team and have good communication skills. You bring expertise in understanding stakeholder needs and translating them into required vocabularies and/or applications. You have experience with software development and knowledge graph technologies. You are a quick learner, with the ability to develop proof of concepts to see your ideas implemented. In addition you bring:
- BS/BA or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related areas
- Hands-on experience with Linked Data and Semantic Web technology stack: e.g RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, SHACL
- Team player able to work independently and with other team members cross-functionally
- Knowledge on clinical data standards used in the pharma industry is of advantage
- Knowledge of the processes in pharma development is of advantage
- Excellent English communication (oral and written) and technical writing skills
- Proactive attitude with the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders and to adapt to changing and dynamic environment