Finance Perspectives Program
You are a talented finance professional in the early stages of your career. You possess outstanding academic qualifications, leadership experience, and are looking to gain transformational global work experience in different areas of finance. The Roche Finance Perspectives program is the perfect next step in your professional career.
The next recruitment process for 2019 will start in December, 1 2018 until January, 15 2019. After initial pre-selection rounds, the final candidates will be invited to a 2-day Assessment Centre in Basel, which will take place from April, 9 - 10 2019 in Basel, Switzerland. Program starts in Q3/Q4 2019.
Apply for the Finance Perspectives Programme here.
- Develop future finance leaders who demonstrate excellence in Finance and in Leadership
- Build a well-rounded understanding of Roche’s business model and Finance functions across different divisions
- Add individuals with global experience and mindset to Roche’s talent pool
For a rotational period of 2 to 2.5 years:
- Participants will be involved in 4 to 6 assignments, each rotation being between 4 to 8 months long
- The assignments will cover different geographical locations of Roche’s business
- Each of these assignments will introduce participants to different areas within Finance as well as the different divisions of Roche Pharma, Diagnostics and Group
- Participants will have access to senior leadership through a Steering Committee and will be assigned a mentor to support their career development
- Excellent relevant academic education (advanced university degree required)
- Early stage of career: between 1-5 years of professional (finance) work experience including apprenticeships & internships, with at least 6 months spent in a foreign country
- Show strong leadership potential and have the ambition to take over a leadership position in the near future in Finance
- Ability to live the Roche values of Integrity, Passion and Courage as a program participant and future leader
- Have a global mindset and high degree of mobility, both during the program and afterwards
- Are a team player and can integrate well into different cultures and business settings
- Individuals that are driven to learn about the business, and about finance
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration & communication skills
- Fluent in English, bilingual preferred. Willingness to learn other languages
- Have the relevant technology skills (e.g. MS-Office, Social Media)
Outcomes and Prospects
During the Program
- Experience assignments in Group, Pharma and Diagnostics at headquarters and affiliates in different countries
- Exposure to senior leaders in Finance, including being mentored by one
- Wide networking opportunities across different functions
After the program
- Increased readiness for further leadership roles in Finance
- Acquired global working experience and developed a cross-cultural mindset
- Mentorship: For the duration of the program, each individual participant will be assigned a member of the senior management team as his/her mentor who will be available for giving support on personal and professional development as well as longer-term retention opportunities
- Steering committee: A steering committee, made up of senior management with key leadership roles, will be involved in facilitating Perspectives’ participants’ talent development at Roche. They will provide professional guidance to the participants during the program and maintain oversight over their progress. This committee will also be responsible for ensuring the long-term sustainability of the Perspectives program.