Development in a nutshell - a place for pioneers
With Diagnostics and Pharmaceuticals as two primary corporate divisions, Roche is able to exploit substantial synergies in research and development. Our efforts are further supported by a network of alliance partners and technical co-operations, mostly for the development of individual products or product portfolios. Choosing a career in development at Roche, you could bring your skills and commitment to bear in a very diverse range of exciting and innovative fields.
Within Roche Product Development, you have a choice between six key areas, all supported by central project management and service functions:
- Medical Science covers the fields of clinical science, clinical pharmacology, biomarkers, translational medicine, and early-stage study management as well as data management. You can either opt for Clinical Research & Exploratory Medicine, exploring new alleys at the interface between research and development, or assume a responsibility in Clinical Development.
- Operations is home to our clinical study management, clinical study monitoring, and data management resources within Roche Product Development. Youll plan and implement high-quality clinical programmes that meet specific scientific, medical, magisterial and commercial requirements.
- Regulatory Affairs supports our Research and Development teams, our LifeCycle Teams, and our mature productsgroup. Here, you will develop and implement regulatory strategies for the global registration as well as the ongoing maintenance and issue management of Roche products.
- Safety Risk Management works on solutions for protecting patients' safety. You will produce safety surveillance plans, evaluate signals and adverse events, and initiate risk management activities.
- Quality Assurance assists the Pharma Division in achieving and maintaining high quality standards in clinical development, trial systems and processes.
- Methodology & Innovation provides analytic solutions to maximise development success. Biomathematicians, biostatisticians and pharmacometricians are some of the professions whose expertise is needed here.
Headquarters for Roche Product Development are located in Switzerland, the United States, UK and China. The function also has a strong presence in Australia, France, Canada, Spain and many more countries. In addition, we have entered co-development partnerships with Genentech (USA) and Chugai (Japan).
Our Diagnostics Division holds a leadership position in the management of healthcare information. By integrating diagnostic test results and medical information, we support physicians in structuring and managing their patients' treatment. By joining these efforts, you can make a contribution to the quality of life of people all around the globe.
Development areas within our Diagnostics Division include:
- Advanced Technology
- Blood Screening
- Core Chemistry
- Development Administration
- Design Control Documentation
- Genomics, Microbiology
- Systems Integration
- Womens Health
We invite you to choose a career in the field of development at Roche, and profit from our proven network of innovation, research and development regardless of whether your background is in clinical science, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, or pharmacy.