GIS Madrid - Our global IT Center rocks!
Global Infrastructure & Solutions Madrid (GIS Madrid) is one of Roche’s Global IT Centers located close to Avenida de América. Around 600 IT professionals support 140.000+ Roche IT users around the globe with different solutions, services and technologies.
The majority of GIS Madrid employees are part of the Infrastructure Services organization: Architecture, Engineering, Operations, Project Delivery and Transition, and Account Management & Portfolio.
Let’s look into each area
- Architecture sets our IT Technology Strategies & Roadmaps as well as the Technology Standards with the objective of optimizing IT for Roche. It also works with portfolio architects and business to enable business strategies with IT strategies & roadmaps.
- Engineering drives innovation by running Proofs of Concept (PoC) to help create IT Standards. It also designs, builds and partners with Operations to implement solutions and/or components.
- Operations provisions, maintains and monitors our solutions and components to enable a reliable and efficient IT environment which meets our SLAs throughout their lifecycle.
- Project Delivery & Transition provides strategic portfolio management and comprehensive project/program delivery for the Infrastructure Services and our IT Partners as well as portfolio process leadership.
- Account Management and Portfolio helps the Infrastructure Services to stay customer oriented and deliver fit for purpose services and value to our IT Partners and end-users.
Our fundamental goal is to deliver planned, predictable and improving performance and value to our IT Partners and End-Users. These are some of the Technical Solution Areas where we bring value to Roche: Application Services, Secure Access, End User, Network & IT Facilities and Data Center. Additionally, experts in process, procurement, quality and project management are supporting projects that deploy cutting-edge technologies in many different locations worldwide.
Who are we?
We are clearly multicultural (more than 15 nationalities are represented in the site) making the working environment truly appealing and global.
We are part of a global network of key sites: San Francisco, Basel, Shanghai and Warsaw so we work and collaborate in English with colleagues across the globe to deliver fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions. Therefore, we encourage our employees’ career development and promote their global opportunities to grow professionally.
We deployed the Google Suite to 100.000+ users, now the company with the largest number of users. We are also one of the largest enterprise Mac user communities in the world (20.000+). We develop our own mobile apps and have a fully automated and virtualized private infrastructure as part of our hybrid cloud strategy.
Founded in 2003, the center is still growing and we are constantly hiring talents to join our team. We encourage and recognize the consistent behaviours in our community and are constantly looking for smart, curious, multicultural, accountable and fun colleagues.
Are you the one?
Want to work in global projects and cutting edge technologies in Madrid? Want a job that has a real purpose in a leading healthcare company?
Head of the Infrastructure Services
Global Infrastructure & Solutions
Head of Operations & Site Head Madrid
Global Infrastructure & Solutions