Intermediate secondary education or higher level
Length of Education/Training:
- Manufacturing biochemical and chemical products to diagnose, prevent and treat illness,
- Carrying out production procedures in biotechnical systems with the help of precise company rules and computer-controlled process control systems.
- Monitoring on-going processes,
- Initiating appropriate measures thanks to correct technical and chemical understanding,
- Responsible for secure, environmentally-friendly production which meets quality criteria,
- Work as part of a team with laboratory technicians, engineers, chemists, etc.
Content of the Apprenticeship:
The basic training lasts several weeks in the training laboratory where you correctly learn how to use the most important chemicals and laboratory equipment. In addition, we teach you analytical, physical, preparative methods and theoretical fundamentals. Work safety and environmental protection are important topics here.
Rotating placement opportunities in different specialised departments within the company allow you to increase your knowledge and abilities in the individual areas of the company. In-house courses in chemistry and technical calculation as well as information taught to supplement the respective internships round out the apprenticeship.
Over the course of the apprenticeship, many internships lasting several weeks take place in the apprenticeship centre. The following subjects are taught in theory and practice:
- Measurement Technology and Control Engineering,
- Thermal and Mechanical Separation Methods,
- Physical and Physico-Chemical Methods,
- Instrumental Analytics,
- Installation Technology Work,
- Metal and Synthetics Processing,
- Electrical Installation,
- Production and Process Engineering,
- Systems Technology,
Additional Training Elements:
- Laboratory data processing,
- Technical English,
- Communication and presentation techniques,
- Measures in team and personality development,
- Working with computer systems,
- Quality management,
- Project work.
- Opportunities for Further Education:
- Mastercraftsperson in Pharmacy or Chemistry,
- Chemical Technician or Biotechnician,
- Laboratory Technician in Biotechnology
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology,
- Diverse possibilities for (technical) university studies (for those with A-levels or technical university entrance qualification),
- Numerous possibilities for further education/training within the company.