Chemical Lab Technicians
Intermediate secondary education or higher level
Length of Education/Training:
- Researching and developing new pharmaceutical ingredients and diagnostic methods,
- Quality control of products,
- Analysing and purity controls of medicinal products,
- Completing biochemical, molecular biological and microbiological tasks,
- Using instrumental-analytical, physico-chemical procedures,
- Synthesizing materials,
- Documenting trial and analysis results.
Content of the Apprenticeship:
The basic training lasts several weeks in the training laboratory where you correctly learn how to use the most important chemicals and laboratory equipment. In addition, we teach you analytical, physical, preparative methods and theoretical fundamentals. Rotating placements allow you to increase your knowledge and abilities in different specialist departments and get to know these tasks and work fields in these areas of the company.
Over the course of the entire apprenticeship, you participate in the following internships in the training laboratory:
- Instrumental Analytics,
- Biochemical Methods,
- Molecular Biology,
- Preparative Chemistry,
- Physical and Physico-Chemical Methods,
- Measurement Analytics.
- In-house courses in chemistry and technical calculation as well as information taught to supplement the respective internships round out the apprenticeship.
Additional Training Elements:
- Laboratory data processing,
- Technical English,
- Communication and presentation techniques,
- Measures in team and personality development,
- Working with computer systems,
- Quality management,
- Project work.
Opportunities for Further Education:
- Mastercraftsperson in Pharmacy or Chemistry,
- Chemical Technician or Biotechnician,
- Laboratory Technician in Biotechnology
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology,
- Diverse possibilities for (technical) university studies (for those with A-levels or technical university entrance qualification),
- Numerous possibilities for further education/training within the company.