Bachelor of Science Applied Computer Science (m/f/d)
To offer you an ideal start, we combine professional practice with theory. At the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University in Mannheim and Lörrach you will acquire the theoretical basics, which you can then put into practice in our company. During your studies you will pass through as many departments as possible. This automatically deepens your theoretical knowledge and gives you a better understanding of the overall context. You will work closely with other students and will be warmly welcomed into the team from the very beginning.
The focus is on guaranteeing you a constant learning effect and to bring in your own ideas, to support you, but also to challenge you. Our trainees and DHBW students will also give you an insight in this video.
What tasks await you?
- Practical assignments in all commercial and information technology departments of the company, e.g. global and local IT, development, production, logistics, site services, purchasing, sales, finance & controlling, and much more
- Conception, modelling and implementation of IT solutions
- Information technology mapping of business processes
- Software development with focus on Microsoft technologies such as .NET, VBA and Sharepoint
- Technical operation of business IT systems such as ERP, CRM and logistics software
- Database development, data analytics and reporting
- IT services and consulting
- IT- Project Management
How does the training process look like?
- During the one-month basic training, we familiarize you with the most important operational contexts and provide you with the first core qualifications
- Every three months you will alternate between lectures at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University and practical work at the Roche site in Mannheim
- You will be given the opportunity to complete an internship abroad at one of more than 150 Roche sites worldwide. You also have the opportunity to spend a semester abroad at a partner university of the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University
Please note that the practical training takes place at Roche Diagnostics in Mannheim. Lectures are held at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University in Mannheim or Lörrach. You make the decision at which DHBW you will study yourself. For the accommodation in Lörrach we grant a cost allowance.
What additional training elements can you expect?
We will train you according to the innovative model of personalized training. Therefore, you will be involved in the design of all additional training elements in close consultation with the instructor. The range of topics is almost unlimited: Business English, second foreign language, IT training, presentation techniques, communication training, working methods, management methods, intercultural training, digitalisation, network building, competence profile, business studies and much, much more.
What further training opportunities are there?
- In-house training and certification
- Master's programme at a domestic or foreign university
Which condition do you have to meet?
- General qualification for university entrance
- Subject-related higher education entrance qualification
How long does the training last?
Three years. Upstream one-month, company-specific internship