Doing now what patients need next! As a pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes lead as normal and active a life as possible and to supporting healthcare professionals in optimally managing their patients' disease. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio - from blood glucose monitoring and information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
As a Senior Intellectual Property (IP) Manager, you will be the subject matter expert and work on multiple projects within Roche Diabetes Care to provide IP support for research, development and launch of products/services. You will be instrumental in creating IP landscapes, IP scouting and IP harvesting and play a critical role in minimizing the risk associated with bringing new innovations to market.
You will act as a liaison between patent attorneys and engineers/scientists to analyze invention disclosures and support the filing/prosecution of patent applications.
This is what you can look forward to
- Reviewing and developing patent rights for concepts and innovative product ideas in coordination with mySugr, R&D/Digital and/or Franchise teams and Patent Attorneys will be your primary role.
- In collaboration with patent attorneys, you will organize workshops on patent issues and you will develop new and more effective methods to search, review and analyze relevant patents.
- In addition, the implementation and communication of the patent strategy and the resulting efforts of the patent department and licensing is your responsibility.
- Ultimately, systematic monitoring and evaluation of competitors' products and patents with respect to market trends and identification of potentially infringing third-party products and licensing opportunities is also an important task.
What you bring with you
- Your degree in engineering (software, electrical engineering), life sciences, computer science or a related discipline forms the basis of your expertise.
- In addition, as an IP manager, you have already been able to gain several years of practical experience with technologies that are geared towards digital solutions. Examples include software solutions, neural networks, machine learning, data management solutions (DMS), apps.
- You are very familiar with patents and patent analysis/search tools and have strong problem solving skills.
- Ideally, you have already demonstrated your leadership skills in managing complex projects.
Very pragmatically: Please only upload your CV online.
At this stage, we do not require a letter of motivation, references or similar.
Application period until at least 30.11.2021
(Application possible as long as the position is advertised).
Please note that this is a temporary position for 18 months.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Contact us with any questions!
We are pleased that you are considering Roche as a potential employer! Our FAQ will help you with various questions about the application process.
With people. For people.
You can reach us Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm at +49 (0) 621-759 1616.
We look forward to your call and will be happy to help.
Job Level:Individual contributor