Initiates, directs and executes scientific research and development in imaging technologies for digital pathology products and solutions. As a senior member of a highly collaborative team of imaging scientists, utilizes expertise in image processing and computer vision on initiatives pertaining to the development of imaging technologies for Digital Pathology. Investigates a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts resulting in potential inventions, products and problems. Makes contributions to scientific literature and patent applications. Serves as an in-house and outside expert on imaging related applications. Mentors and participates in the professional development of other imaging scientists.
- Researches, designs and develops new and robust solutions in image segmentation, registration, machine learning for analysis of digitized histopathology slides.
- Conceives, designs, conducts and leads advanced independent or multi-disciplinary research driven by strategic business needs in digital pathology product development.
- Utilizes skills in Matlab, C++, C# and .Net to work on the infrastructure and applications for analysis of digital pathology images.
- Conceives, plans, and executes projects related to the strategic needs of the company. Project goals are broadly defined; defines project milestones; responsible for timely project completion.
- Makes major contributions to strategic directions and projects through knowledge of technology and its creative applications.
- Applies advanced scientific knowledge to multi-disciplinary projects and provides technical and/or professional coordination and leadership in the execution of day-to-day program activities, as appropriate to Ventana Digital Pathology objectives.
- Proactively recommends, and executes tasks and strategies in support of Roche’s various product requirements.
- Partners throughout the research, development and product lifecycle with other business units within Roche Pharma and Diagnostics.
- Provides technical direction, mentorship, guidance and feedback to others.