Global Product Strategy (GPS) drives Roche’s strategy and portfolio of products - from research through to patients. As a member of GPS, you will be part of a truly international group who collaborates with functions and affiliates worldwide to shape the future of medicine.
In Access Strategy Health Systems (HS), the health system strategy leader (HSSL) executes and aligns access strategies across health systems-focused topics by delivering strategic health systems projects to the highest quality and relevance, on-time and within-budget, that help ensure Roche and healthcare systems deliver rapid, broad and sustainable Access.
You will be responsible for the development of global health policy strategies, objectives, plans, tactics and metrics for Roche products and associated disease areas that are impacted by the global health policy measures taken by global institutions.
You will have specialist knowledge and contacts that allow you to strategically inform and engage in health policy environments. Ultimately, this translates to enhanced opportunities for the greatest access to the best medicines available, including those produced by Roche.
You will be an ad hoc or standing member of various cross-functional teams as needed. You will also liaise closely with other members of the Global Access department, Health Systems and Disease Area Policy teams, and regional and affiliate market access and policy colleagues.
In this position, you will be primarily accountable for consistently, effectively:
- Contributing to the development and management of strategic plans on key global priority policy areas, which ensure the application of international health policy expertise across the company
- Acting as an expert in international health policy trends and dynamics
- Playing a leadership role in developing and continuously improving Roche Pharma’s Access Network
- Tracking and analyzing global policy issues impacting Roche business and reputation and developing an appropriate public policy response in collaboration with other global functions, including communications, regulatory, legal, governments, affairs, etc.
- Engaging with multilateral institutions, government officials, and other stakeholders on key policy objectives
- Developing and cultivating long-term strategic partnerships with key advocates, champions, special interest groups and other policy stakeholders
- Providing expert regular and ad hoc policy intelligence updates and analysis for international business and medical teams, Pharma regions and affiliates
- Ensuring clear health policy positions and associated messaging as agreed globally and shared with Pharma regions and affiliates
- Expertly educating internal partners and stakeholders regarding the health policy landscape, strategy, plans, and resources for the assigned portfolio-wide segment
- Bachelor’s Degree (political science, public policy, communications, legal, business or life sciences discipline is preferred)
- Graduate or higher-level Degree is preferred
- In-depth understanding of the international health policy and advocacy environments and decision-making processes of global health institutions such as the World Health Organization, The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), etc.
- Experience working with political or governmental organizations and decision makers
- Strong network in the global health policy community
- Multicultural awareness
- In-depth understanding and consistent adherence to compliance policies in relation to working with third parties, particularly NGOs, policy makers, healthcare professionals and patient organizations
- Knowledge of development and commercialization processes in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry
- 7 or more years’ experience in public affairs or public policy, at least some of which has been gained in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry or other healthcare environment
- International or global work experience
- Excellent internal and external communication, advocacy and diplomatic skills
- Strong ability to analyze, synthesize, and persuasively communicate regarding global institutions and government policies
- Proven track record of strong relationships and influencing policy change
- Significant experience leading cross-functional projects and presenting to senior company executives/audiences
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
- Demonstrable track record of creating innovative/breakthrough policy strategies/opportunities in a healthcare related environment
- Ability to travel globally
- Fluent written and verbal English (additional languages are a plus)
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Get in touch with the Swiss Recruiting Team: +41 61 682 2550
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Access, Access > Pricing, Reimbursement & Contracting