Primary Purpose of Job (Job Summary)
- Utilizes technical knowledge, well-developed scientific principles, and experience to generate creative approaches to specific problems in chemistry. Plans, designs, conducts and coordinates laboratory experiments.
Principle Roles & Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Possesses and maintains state-of-the-art technical skills and knowledge base in chemistry. Reads and keeps up to date with relevant scientific literature to maintain and advance knowledge. May serve as a resident expert in discovery chemistry.
- Utilizes technical knowledge, well-developed scientific principles, and experience to generate creative approaches to specific problems in chemistry.
- Communicates effectively orally and in written form. Presents and interprets information and views clearly and concisely in meetings and discussions. Prepares manuscripts on scientific work for internal or external publication, including patent applications. Actively contributes to scientific discussions at team meetings that help to establish and validate scientific direction. Contributions influence decisions and team directions.
- Plans, designs, conducts and may coordinate laboratory experiments. Takes accountability for the results of the lab, project or unit.
- Independently develops SAR for a given compound class considering all parameters relevant for optimization. Productively participates in the interpretation of biological results within the multidisciplinary project team.
- May be responsible for managing one or more associates. Is responsible to establish and maintain performance plans for direct reports. Is able to manage performance effectively and to overcome performance-related obstacles.
- Is current with all required safety training. Complies with relevant SOP’s. Maintains a safe and organized work environment. Accountable to ensure that all reports are current on safety training and follow Roche laboratory safety practices.