As a Sr. Project Controls Engineer (SPCE), you will be a leader within Roche’s Regional Engineering Americas (REA) Group responsibility for supporting capital construction projects in North & Southern America from Indianapolis. You have the opportunity to shape and grow a team while developing and implementing processes to aid in the successful delivery of major construction projects, which will aid Roche in “doing now what patients need next”. You will have the primary responsibility for ensuring that project controls activities are completed accurately, consistently and timely from project set-up through project close-out. This role will require a customer-focused individual with strong entrepreneurship, robust communication skills and the ability to collaborate with and influence diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Ensures thorough management of cost and schedule, effective change control and the consolidation of cost estimates in projects across all project phases.
- Establish and train the relevant project controlling processes in alignment with the Diagnostics Project Guide.
- Prepare the project portfolio master schedule and establish progress measurement. Responsible for the validity, accuracy, and completeness of all project portfolio controlling information.
- Present project portfolio status reports.
- Perform project cost and schedule reviews and project controlling audits.
- Improving project controlling processes and tools to better support capital construction projects.
- Team management with 2 to 6 direct reports.
Who You Are:
To be successful in this role you will have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Project & Construction Management or related technical field.
Additionally, you will have:
- At least 3 years of experience in capital project management or construction management with emphasis on project services preferred. 6+ years’ experience preferred.
- Proven record of accomplishment in successfully completing complex capital projects exceeding $10MM
- Strong problem solving capability, leveraging structure process driven approach to problem solving
- Results oriented and able to effectively organize and develop plans; prioritize and execute actions
- Proficient technical, project management, analytical, statistical and organization skills
- Proficiency in Primavera (P6), MS Project or other major scheduling programs
- SAP experience
- Excellent oral/written communication, planning, organizing, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Flexibility with working hours and any necessary travel (up to 30%)
- Experience working in a regulated industry like Food, Cosmetic or Pharma helpful