Performs a variety of administrative and analytical activities in support of the North American (NAM) HR Affiliates. Serves as the “face” of the HR Shared Service Center and first point of contact for all customer inquiries including, but not limited to, HR programs, policies, practices and tools, Benefits Administration, Payroll/Time Administration, Training, and HR information systems and tools. Responds to phone calls, web, and email requests from customers across all NAM HR Affiliates and external vendors. Uses critical thinking skills to provide accurate and timely delivery of information; transfers and escalates customer requests to the appropriate resource(s) when necessary. Supports HR Service Desk knowledge management activities and uses HR SSC tools/systems to enable exceptional customer experiences. Embraces our “higher standard” where respecting and protecting employee privacy is concerned: in all cases, limits access and use of information to the legitimate business task at hand; and uses discretion whenever handling employee information.
Responsible for improving both personal service performance and meeting overall quality/accuracy objectives of the HR Service Desk. Maintains a commitment to continuous process and performance improvement.
Knows, applies, and provides expertise in particular field of specialization. Work is varied and somewhat complex in nature requiring evaluation, originality or ingenuity. This position requires a significant customer service orientation. Interfaces with internal customers and departments on a regular basis.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
1. Provides excellent, value-add customer service for all HR inquiries. Resolves inquiries and escalates complex inquiries to the most qualified subject matter experts within the following areas: Payroll/Time, Benefits, Performance Management, Compensation, Training, HR reporting, and HR policies and programs.
2. Utilizes HR and call center technology and tools to support inquiries.
3. Researches issues relevant to general HR activities. Demonstrates knowledge regarding how the business is supported by the HR Service Desk. Monitors service delivery needs based on volume and common customer requests.
4. Empowers and educates customers on employee self-service and manager self-service technology, tools, and capabilities.
5. Seeks training opportunities to increase HR and industry specific knowledge.
6. Maintains an awareness of HR Service Desk priorities and understands how individual performance contributes to overall quality/accuracy objectives and performance metrics.
7. Provides input for job aids and knowledge resources to ensure that customers receive timely and accurate information. Helps to identify gaps in current knowledge management tools and documentation; communicates knowledge management needs to subject matter experts and content managers.
8. Maintains high level of discretion with confidential material including employee Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI), recent acquisitions, or confidential information specific to the company’s Affiliates.