Principal Medical Director, Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Genentech/Roche is seeking a Principal Medical Director to join the Inflammatory Bowel Disease group within Product Development Immunology, Infectious Disease, and Ophthalmology. The individual will play a leadership role in developing and executing the long-range plans for etrolizumab, collaborating with early clinical development and partnering to advance molecules into the late stage portfolio, and shaping the company’s inflammatory bowel disease strategy. The Principal Medical Director for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) is expected to be a standing member of the Development Review Committee for molecules in this disease area. IBD is a disease area of high interest and investment at Roche. Roche has a rich IBD pipeline at various stages of development, including etrolizumab which has a large ongoing Phase 3 program, IL-22 which is currently in Phase 2b development, and multiple Phase 1 and research assets.
- Broadly represent the interests of Product Development I2O Inflammatory Bowel Disease group within Roche and Genentech, as a member of the IBD Leadership Team, as well as through interactions with Research, Biomarkers, Early Development, Medical Affairs, Commercial, Regulatory Business Development, and Global Product Strategy senior leaders.
- Design and develop, or oversee others in design and development of clinical studies
- Provide strategic support for inflammatory bowel disease area strategies across all molecules
- Closely interface with early development groups to define opportunities to explore new areas of scientific discovery
- Provide strategic support for Late Stage partnering for opportunities in inflammatory bowel disease and other gastrointestinal diseases
- Evaluate approved and late stage IBD molecules for new indication opportunities
- Coach, manage, inspire and support employees to achieve business goals
- Maintain and develop a positive organizational culture, by promoting the focus on patients, science, and our people
- Maintain the highest standards and levels of scientific and clinical knowledge in the specific therapeutic and disease areas
- MD or x-US equivalent with board certification or eligibility in Gastroenterology or a closely related field and substantial clinical drug development experience in inflammatory bowel disease
- Noted disease expert with credibility to interface with key external health organizations
- Clinical practice experience required and strong scientific competence demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications or production of clinical expert reports
- Proven leadership skills, as evidenced by having managed people within a pharmaceutical company or in a clinical/academic environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience in clinical research required, with experience collaborating closely with industry highly preferred
- Ability to interact effectively in a multifunctional, multinational team setting
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, presentation, and communications skills (written and verbal) to effectively address all levels within an organization
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Clinical OperationsSouth San Francisco, United Kingdom - Field