At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action; we believe that good business means a better world.
Roche Diagnostics has built a new strategic area charged with creating a modern portfolio of decision support software products that will change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within a hospital, and intelligently process and present this data to clinicians, researchers, and caregivers to improve research outcomes and patient care.
Reporting to the Head of Medical and Scientific Affairs DIS, as the Medical Director you will provide medical input and expertise for the development of clinical and research decision support products and data services, leveraging data generated from variety of sources such as Roche instruments, hospital IT systems, real-world-data sources, etc and addressing medical needs identified, among others, by the the DIS Strategy team and DIS and Divisional Medical and Scientific Affairs teams.
You will be responsible for understanding the current clinical practices in order to identify areas to utilize clinical and laboratory data for generating medical value, providing medical input, product requirements, and expertise to the DIS Product Development, Data Services and Strategy teams, and identifying and collaborating with KOLs and medical communities in order to identify areas of highest medical value. In addition you will:
- Work closely with Diagnostics internal contributors and subject matter experts (eg.: Medical and Scientific Affairs, Disease Area Strategy Teams, LCTs)
- Support DIS strategy and activities, medical messages and, if applicable, publications on DIS products and solutions with close cooperation with respective Medical Affairs teams
- Initiate, maintain and expand institutional knowledge in the area of population health and data based models
- Help the DIS customer success team in the sales process by visiting our customer sites to represent and share the medical value of our products and services
- You will be expected to travel frequently within the US and internationally