The Therapeutic Modalities (TMo) function is part of the Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) organization. TMo discovers and optimizes innovative drug candidates including small molecules, biologics and nucleic acid-based therapeutics in order to deliver novel therapeutic approaches across all pRED Discovery and Translational areas (DTAs).
As part of TMo, the Chemical Biology (CB) department focuses on building pRED’s preclinical pipeline by providing high-throughput screening, advanced cellular and biochemical assays, protein expression and purification, computer-aided drug discovery (CADD), structural biology, biophysics and enzymology.
The Cellular Enzymology and Mechanistic Enzymology teams work in close collaboration with teams across CB, Medicinal Chemistry and the DTAs to ensure dedicated input to discovery projects from target assessment through lead optimization. Our focus is the development of relevant biochemical and cellular assays to drive lead identification and optimization, including mode of action and hit qualification studies. In addition, we investigate functional states of enzymes in a cellular setting and translate mechanistic insights from in vitro studies to cellular context
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized and creative biochemist or mechanistic enzymologist for our enzymology group. Your responsibility will include (but are not limited to):
- Design and development of novel biochemical assays using a variety of detection methods (spectroscopic, colorimetric, luminescence, fluorescence, etc.).
- Perform mechanism of action studies to understand competition, off-rates, on-rates and other.
- Work closely with high throughput screening group to support miniaturization and adaptation of biochemical assays for high throughput screening.
- Analyze and report results to the corporate database & present results to project teams.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain instruments and laboratory environment according to Roche Safety, Healthcare & Environment standards