Facility Manager (FM) Spain
The FM will be responsible for the operational management of all FM related service deliveries and processes that support the core business of our Spanish portfolio, where cost reduction, productivity gains and risk mitigation will be key factors in his/her daily activity to ensure that they meet the needs of the organization and its employees.
The preferred Facility Manager will support the Site manager to manage our Spain portfolio of buildings and asset, managing the Soft services. He will manage and optimize contracts (lease contracts, service contracts), establish and maintain control procedures and tools to assure efficient space management, operational spend and lean FM operations based on best practice and international standards.
He will introduce, maintain and follow up on KPI’s to enforce ongoing performance. The candidate will supervise and control real estate and facility management activities, guide, develop and control internal and external resources and assure lean, effective and sustainable building and infrastructure management.
The Facility Manager will assure full transparency, efficiency and industry leading and innovative FM principles throughout the Roche DIA portfolio. He will implement and conduct periodic facility management audits, satisfaction and performance reviews and surveys and assure operational compliance.
He will act as main contact for internal and external FM partners and service providers. In addition our new FM manager will support operational procurement activities and assure best value for money goods and service delivery.
The FM will evaluate, communicate and introduce optimization potentials, manage change management processes and lead FM related projects. He will assure close interdepartmental cooperation e.g. with Finance, Procurement, SHE, Maintenance, Legal, local, regional and global roles, to assure standards, regulations and guidelines are understood, shared, trained and adhered.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Coordinating and planning essential central services such as workplace, reception, security, mail, archiving, cleaning, canteen, catering and gardening, .
- Preparing service delivery tender documents, service specifications and supporting procurement activities.
- Prepare, lead and control FM projects, supervising and coordinating the work of contractors and suppliers.
- Calculating, controlling and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Managing and leading change management processes minimizing disruption to core activities.
- Ensuring the building meets health, safety, environmental requirements and that facilities and assets comply with all relevant legislation.
- Providing safe and secure work environment.
- Conduct ongoing performance measurement and development activities for internal and resources and follow up on optimization potentials;
- Conduct periodical satisfaction and quality surveys.
- Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover all FM related areas of responsibility.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and driving performance improvement.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Cooperate with all hierarchical levels, international and interdepartmental contacts.
Qualifications and work experience
- University Degree within engineering, FM, RE, architectural, industrial engineering or comparable scope
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Previous experience (3-5 years) in a similar role
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads.
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture.
- Time management skills.
- Project management skills.
- Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people, systems
- Team work skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Barcelona