Solution Integration & Services develops workflow and IT solutions that integrate diagnostics instruments, software and systems for laboratory diagnostics - and provides global service and support for Roche Diagnostic’s products and customers.
The development team creates and evolves a large software platform and delivers common assets that are being used for the development and integration of Lab IT solutions as well as diagnostics instruments. The team consists of software architects, software engineers, and project leaders, is located at multiple development centers, and collaborates with our internal world-wide development partners.
Our development teams and internal partners employ agile methods tailored towards the development of medical devices. Our common assets deliverables are used to create products reaching from handhelds to major hardware installations and web systems even cloud-based systems. While this platform is being transformed to expand its scope and depth, you are embedded in the team which shapes the roadmap for the future evolution of these common assets. In this technical leadership role as a Software Architect you will contribute to the Diagnostics common asset roadmap through the following major activities:
- Identify and understand themes driven by the Diagnostics strategy and supported by standards & principles
- Define and elaborate concepts that describe the objectives, dependencies and benefits based on previously acknowledged themes
- Develop the common assets architecture roadmap for those elements that reach across the entire common assets portfolio, i.e. Lab IT solutions and diagnostics instruments
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations as well as supporting them during the analysis of their functional needs considering the qualities of the product. Support stakeholders analyzing what quality attributes are applicable for their needs and designing an architecture based on the extracted non-functional requirements.
- Drive the integration of products and platforms to IT solutions that connect diagnostics instruments as well as covering aspects of cloud connectivity and Internet of Things.